Supporter
Daps
been so long since I've thought about star wars

i came into this thread thinking palatine had a son

:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I hope this theory is true because it would help to revive an interest in me for the franchise, then maybe the passion I once had for it too

From possible sexuality story lines to Rey's untrained ability to damn near beat a trained Jedi, let alone Sith, was too much to accept

TFW seemed too focused on trying to attract semi to non- Star War fans instead of providing a good "believable" story that will justify more movies

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
-Palpatine and Rey attacked the same way
-Novelization of TFA says Rey heard an unknown voice in her head telling her to kill Kylo
-Can't be Luke's kid cause Leia/Han would have known who she was

some other stuff I don't remember off the top

I brought up this theory to a super Star Wars fan at work, and he added a :mindblown: twist to it:
What if Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter AND Luke's daughter? It's not mutually exclusive.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I hope this theory is true because it would help to revive an interest in me for the franchise, then maybe the passion I once had for it too

From possible sexuality story lines to Rey's untrained ability to damn near beat a trained Jedi, let alone Sith, was too much to accept

TFW seemed too focused on trying to attract semi to non- Star War fans instead of providing a good "believable" story that will justify more movies
Rey wasn't untrained, she clearly displayed fighting ability throughout the film, and Kylo is just an apprentice, and he also wasn't even trying to kill her. So I don't see how that's too much to "accept" and I have no idea what you mean by "sexuality" storylines.
fan theories like this is why i hate the star wars community. this is fan fiction and has no basis in reality.
How does this have no basis in reality? Rey heard palpatine multiple times in her vision, similar fighting style, coruscanti English accent, etc.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Rey wasn't untrained, she clearly displayed fighting ability throughout the film, and Kylo is just an apprentice, and he also wasn't even trying to kill her. So I don't see how that's too much to "accept" and I have no idea what you mean by "sexuality" storylines.

How does this have no basis in reality? Rey heard palpatine multiple times in her vision, similar fighting style, coruscanti English accent, etc.

How was she trained?

She didn't even think Luke Skywalker was a real person at first...

She never had any kind of force or lightsaber training...she just picked that shyt up and went all jedi master on Kylo...same thing with the jedi mind tricks...2nd try ever is the charm I guess.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
How was she trained?

She never had any kind of force or lightsaber training...she just picked that shyt up and went all jedi master on Kylo...same thing with the jedi mind tricks...2nd try ever is the charm I guess.
Her memory got erased why would she remember Luke? She was fukking people up with her combi staff on jakku. You all act like she couldn't even fight. Performing jedi mind tricks on stormtroopers who are literally programmed to follow orders isn't remarkable

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest

The mere fact that she was displaying Jedi fighting skills without reference to training is a problem. I understand and hope the argument is true of whether the force or an individual suppressed her memory because it would help to accept the story line

But if you factor in the consistent narrative about the force being strong in untrained individuals and ignorantly used without full command of it, against regular civilians, appears in stories of young zannah, young anakin , and young luke. But rey was "ignorantly" using it against and almost beating a trained Jedi, maser level or not, and a Sith apprentice? stop the madness

The sexuality reference is the rumors of gay characters and the online petition to include a gay chararacter

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
How was she trained?

It's them midichlorians my nikka.

The mere fact that she was displaying Jedi fighting skills without reference to training is a problem. I understand and hope the argument is true of whether the force or an individual suppressed her memory because it would help to accept the story line

But if you factor in the consistent narrative about the force being strong in untrained individuals and ignorantly used without full command of it, against regular civilians, appears in stories of young zannah, young anakin , and young luke. But rey was "ignorantly" using it against and almost beating a trained Jedi, maser level or not, and a Sith apprentice? stop the madness

If you're force sensitive you're gonna apply it to whatever you do and if you put someone in a hostile environment they will probably pick up some fighting/survival skills.

As for her beating Kylo, the LAST thing wants to do is hurt/kill her in anyway, he was pulling his punches.