Star Wars Original trilogy appreciation

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
think the OG trilogy got that no shyt type of love, like it doesn't need to be said.

meanwhile TFR discusses the prequels and shytty sequels because the prequels are polarizing and the sequels are so bad. Spinoffs are hit or miss.

and it's funner to discuss how shytty disney has been handling SW.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
think the OG trilogy got that no shyt type of love, like it doesn't need to be said.

meanwhile TFR discusses the prequels and shytty sequels because the prequels are polarizing and the sequels are so bad. Spinoffs are hit or miss.

and it's funner to discuss how shytty disney has been handling SW.
:ehh:
Side note: I heard some Gen Z dissing the OG trilogy a while back
I was like :hhh: in the back of my head

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I usually don’t fukk with film to book adaptations, but the books adaptations for the original trilogy were pretty damn good plus the comic book spin offs were piff

Daps
Reppin
NULL
GOAT Film trilogy :blessed:

The OG Star Wars Trilogy is THE story of good versus evil. You could teach college courses on how to write stories based on what they did with Luke, Vader, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Leia, et. al.

Luke vs Vader on Bespin still gets my recognition as the GOAT lightsaber duel (although Vader's redemption in Return gets my nod as the overall GOAT Star Wars moment).

Yoda's wisdom ran deep. He was spitting straight from the survival scrolls.

And shout-outs to R2 and C3PO. I love how the two most unassuming characters are lowkey in every main installment of the franchise :lolbron:
It doesn't feel like Star Wars without the two of them acting as the greek chorus towards everything else going on.

This is why I don't care for BB8. BB8 stole too much shine from the OG droids, which screws with the narrative cohesion behind 3PO and R2 being the only characters to play a part in EVERY main storyline and major conflict across the saga. Pre-Disney, they were the ONLY characters apart from Anakin/Vader and Obi-wan to appear in all six movies. Star Wars without 3PO and R2 is like Final Fantasy with no chocobos, it just feels... wrong.

I will say this though. I used to talk a lot of smack about the prequels (Episodes 1 and 2 were highkey trash), but I've come to respect Episode 3 a lot more. It's not as good as the OG trilogy, but it's still watchable. For all my issues with the prequels, they at least had a gameplan and added something interesting to the lore. The Clone Wars cartoon series is also fire.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Need the OG prints in true HD

Disney+ versions looks great though. fukking maclunkey :mjlol:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Young brehs will never understand what it was like getting that Sears catalogue and flipping through the toy section before Christmas :wow:
giphy.gif

And don't forget that Batman, Jurassic Park, Robocop, Terminator, Alien and Predator toys were all in there too. We had it good. :wow:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Underappreciated part of the trilogy was how Luke refusing to kill vader. Powerful message. Breaks a destructive family cycle by putting his life on the line literally. Luke wins by effectively refusing to play the game (and forcing Vader to take full responsibility for the things he set in motion).

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Underappreciated part of the trilogy was how Luke refusing to kill vader. Powerful message. Breaks a destructive family cycle by putting his life on the line literally. Luke wins by effectively refusing to play the game (and forcing Vader to take full responsibility for the things he set in motion).
I think that’s why it’s my favorite lightsaber fight