Star Wars Original trilogy appreciation

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist šŸ˜²)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Because most of the Coli wasn't alive :mjlol:

I remember back in elementary school if the weather was bad during lunch, they would keep us inside the auditorium & sometimes play these films on laserdisc

A packed auditorium of kids watching this on the big screen & soundsystem

My childhood :mjcry:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
My parents took me to opening night of every Special Edition, I know it's a shytty way to get introduced to Star Wars but I loved it :mjcry: that was star wars summer also, I remember they were coming out with the Shadows of the Empire novel and everyone was kind of acting like it was a movie

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Luke showed up in the Mandolorian.... I've never had the emotional response to a movie/TV show in my life. I didn't even know Luke meant that much to me.
I was happy, sad, shocked, overjoyed, everything.

I dont think I'll every have that type of response to any form of media again.

It was almost like getting closure with a long lost friend that you thought you'd never see again.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
When Luke showed up in the Mandolorian.... I've never had the emotional response to a movie/TV show in my life. I didn't even know Luke meant that much to me.
I was happy, sad, shocked, overjoyed, everything.

I dont think I'll every have that type of response to any form of media again.

It was almost like getting closure with a long lost friend that you thought you'd never see again.

If I could make my own new movie trilogy, Iā€™d set it hundreds of years past this current timeline BUT Iā€™d basically let it be a sort of wish fulfillment of the years of Luke we donā€™t get to see. Him being a Jedi master and wrestling with what that means. 3 movies of some master monk Jedi having philosophical arguments with a new band of rebels and a new empire. Wrestling with himself and figuring out what needs to be done.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Need the OG prints in true HD

Disney+ versions looks great though. fukking maclunkey :mjlol:
Someone did em in 4k, nit sure if it was released on disc tho.

yea these films are not discussdd cause two are damn near perfect and the third probably has one of the goat scenes in movie history (I am a jedi, like my father before me...ā€)

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Someone did em in 4k, nit sure if it was released on disc tho.

yea these films are not discussdd cause two are damn near perfect and the third probably has one of the goat scenes in movie history (I am a jedi, like my father before me...ā€)
Yeah they released them individually in 4k