Votes: 63 48.8%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
#Facts :manny: There's not many sleek or fancy looking star wars ships out there, design wise they are still kinda meh...:ld:
I think its because originally they was literally using battleship kits lol and they stuck with the them after tech progressed.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Idk it might not have time to adapt.

Doesn't it take the death star a while to power up? I figure, a Borg cube could move out of the way while it powers up. Beam some drones aboard and those drones could adapt to the hand-held weapons of Imperial Forces (as what happened during the Next Generation). The drones aboard would weaken the systems of the Death Star.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Breh you know how many races in the Star Trek universe have ships? And they all look different. And we won’t even get into the shuttle crafts. Enterprise/Discovery/Voyager/etc look NOTHING like Klingon ships or Cardassian ships or Romulan (which is official).

To top it off these ships have the kinds of advanced weapons that would make a battle with the shyt in Star Wars look like a Coli thread asking who would win between 5 silverback gorillas and 80 John Cenas.
All of the ships be variations of the sane old designs. The fights be using same boring angle and can't compete with Star Wars dog fights. I'll give star trek this, they improved as the franchise progressed but star wars led the way

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I think its because originally they was literally using battleship kits lol and they stuck with the them after tech progressed.

:ehh: that's new information, I always wondered why didn't they have new ships in the new movies... I mean the x-wings was ok but I expect better... the first order ships, STILL look like the empire's ships... :snoop:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
All of the ships be variations of the sane old designs. The fights be using same boring angle and can't compete with Star Wars dog fights. I'll give star trek this, they improved as the franchise progressed but star wars led the way

Breh, Star Trek ships don't really need to engage in 'dog fights'. Largely because their mid to large vessels eliminate the need for dog fights. The only time I remember a small Star Trek ship being used in combat is the 'Defiant' in DS9 and that ship was extremely powerful. Way more powerful than any tie-fighter or small ship in Star Wars.

Start at 5:10

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
@4everMoor

An interesting explanation I found online about the relative lack of small fighters in Star Trek
On this note, much is made of the lack of fighters in Trek. One simple explanation is that such craft simply cannot survive when pitted against capital ship level phasers targeted by near-AI level computer and tracking systems. Put simply, what Trek ships aim at they hit. Nearly always. Small ships simply do not challenge large ships in Trek and with good reason.

Daps
Slave 1 >>>

Star is Wars just led more to the imagination
:wow:

databank_slavei_01_169_8dc3102d.jpeg

Rhapscallion Démone

Supporter
Daps
@4everMoor

An interesting explanation I found online about the relative lack of small fighters in Star Trek
That's true their space crafts depicted as more durable but people making them out to be death stars is kinda a stretch. Don't get me wrong I like the Star Trek ship designs and they fit their universe. I just think Star Wars took more risk in terms of scale, design and abilities. In star trek space battles all the excitement takes place within the ships. With Star Wars all the action is out there with the stars.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
That's true their space crafts depicted as more durable but people making them out to be death stars is kinda a stretch. Don't get me wrong I like the Star Trek ship designs and they fit their universe. I just think Star Wars took more risk in terms of scale, design and abilities. In star trek space battles all the excitement takes place within the ships. With Star Wars all the action is out there with the stars.

In Deep Space 9 - the special effects were good enough to show us more battles in space but I get what you're saying.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

Variations? Of course they are. All the current Trek shyt out now predates TNG, Voyager, etc so whatever you see now is technically the same “old” designs. But explain why 2017/2017 Star Wars shyt STILL looks like it’s from the 1970s. Because it was be 1000% unacceptable if present day Star Trek looked like The Original Series. Hell the leap from TOS to the first set of Kirk/Spock movies was monumental the same way Discovery (and the Abrams movies, along with Enterprise) are light years ahead of the 90s stuff as they should be.

Meanwhile Star Wars has never updated the look of the Lucas films.

Oh and there’s no blatantly embarrassing characters in Star Trek like Jar Jar Binks lol :russ:

Rhapscallion Démone

Supporter
Daps
Meanwhile Star Wars has never updated the look of the Lucas films.
You don't need to fix what isn't broken. The designs were so good as they were that they drew people back in to Star Wars. The nastalgia is what made people interested in the new trilogy and movies. And as far as corny aliens go, let's not forget about the Tribbles :francis:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Also, cats mentioned the dog fights in Star Wars which are ok I guess but let’s talk about the REAL fights (hand to hand combat) that you see in Star Trek. Not a single individual in the Star Wars universe could match up with a fukkin Klingon unless they wanna get a fukking limb slicked off with that bat'leth blade (Luke Skywalker I’m talking about your handicapped ass :russ:)

Even Federation officers who look are on the middle of the humanoid bytchassness scale can handle themselves in a fight WITHOUT phasers.