Star Trek prequel "Strange New World" coming soon to Paramount+

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Season been enjoyable but frustrating. "Strange new Worlds" needs more traveling to worlds and less low budget fukkery on a boring ship.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All systems stable
full

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
This was a good episode. Wasn't really bothered about the musical stuff. The Klingon part was embarrassing.

As for next week
I reckon Batal is going to get killed by the Gorn. Way too much foreshadowing in that final scene.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Watching ep9 now, I don't know think what to think about this episode so far :dwillhuh:

It's something new for Trek that's for sure :pachaha:

Using the singing to advance the storylines, rather than an stand alone episode, I think I like it :leon:

The security officer actress is a great singer :leon:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
good characters in SNW (in order)

m'benga
pike
uhuru
kirk
singh
hemmer
other-kirk
space-hippy

good characters in D (in order)

saru
lorca
georgiou
stamets
tilly

that's one reason why SNW is way better.

spock is ok but they focus on him too much.

burnham is ok but a bit two tone. her serious face+whispery voice is terrible acting.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Well it's going to be a long wait until S3

Good episode, just wish it wasn't Gorn as a threat. We now have a Scotty played by a real Scotsman! I wonder if La'an or Ortegas will die at the hands of the Gorn, hopefully Ortegas if they have to kil one off. M'Benga obviously safe.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Cliffhanger in the middle of an Hollywood strike :martin:

These SNW Gorn episodes are up there with Borg episodes in the TNG era :banderas:

I wonder what the Gorn was up to in the TNG era anyways (There are no Gorn episodes in TNG or DS9). A film on streaming to address this would be nice...
There’s no way in hell that these Alien rip off Gorn episodes are anything like ‘Best Of Both Worlds’, ‘I, Borg’ etc.

Cliffhanger was annoying but so evident half way through. The strike has made that wait a little longer. Or a few months minimum!

The Gorn aligned themselves with the Klingon Empire in ST Online. They made appearances in TNG novels but I forget what the story was.

The way P+ is going we won’t be getting any story gap filling movies, better not to have them anyway before it becomes Star Wars style shoehorning on a massive scale. We’ll get DSC S5, SNW S3, LD S4, Prodigy somewhere at sometime and also the S31 & Academy shyt in the next 18 months-2 years at least and that will be it.