Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
He said it'll be more like a book. there will be some episodes that are episodic but still inform the larger story

i hope.

i'm at least curious and can appreciate them trying something new.

there's not many things i'd put above great trek

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i hope.

i'm at least curious and can appreciate them trying something new.

there's not many things i'd put above great trek
DS9 was more successful than not with maintaining an episodic feel with an overarching storyline while still fitting in stand alone episodes. So if they can hit that same balance it should work.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

They can stop searching and just give the role to Gina Torres.
8EO2IVa.gif

Ain't she too busy with "Suits"?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Ain't she too busy with "Suits"?
Nah, she had already cut back on her Suits appearances when she was cast as the lead of a prime-time soap opera that ABC was producing but that didn't get picked up.
I'm sure she could either split the production time (based on when each show filmed) or just continue with her reduced presence on Suits.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Not surprised with the announcement of the delay in its premiere plus Fuller has spread himself around with all the shows he is doing now.
Also not too bothered by the showrunner picks since Berg and Harberts have previously worked with Fuller on Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not surprised with the announcement of the delay in its premiere plus Fuller has spread himself around with all the shows he is doing now.
Also not too bothered by the showrunner picks since Berg and Harberts have previously worked with Fuller on Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies.

Which is how I felt when I read it. It may affect season 2 more than season 1 but he's still breaking stories and working on the show in some capacity. just not lead dog.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: Im really not feeling good about this show wish they would have just continued after Nemesis they had alot they could have explored and they could have had guest stars since everyone is older in real life.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
wonder if CBS Access will effect past ST shows being on streaming services. I've gotten so accustomed for everything to be on either NF or Amazon.