Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder how would a star trek series do on Netflix.... A show without limitations where they can curse and have sex scenes???!!! :ohhh:
The producers have said they will have this freedom already since its gonna be on the cbs streaming service.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ORDER_66 post: 20150244 said:
But its still CBS... I'm not sure they gonna push the boundries...:jbhmm:
We will see all Im saying is they don't have to worry about fcc regulations although sex and cursing dont really matter I already feel like the abrams verse is missing what trek is about and is just trying to make action movies.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But its still CBS... I'm not sure they gonna push the boundries...:jbhmm:

Its CBS Access homie. They don't have to worry about anything like that on a pay for subscription service.

And it's still Trek, I doubt they're going to go for T&A and ultra violence because they're still going to keep it somewhat in Roddenberry's vision

Wardo

Pro
Daps
Alex Kurtzman :huhldup:

Having it on their streaming service may end up working out good.. No need to appeal to the regular CBS viewers. We could end up getting something interesting.
I was thinking it would be on tv. I thought it would be something to watch. I will look at it if its good. When you get old it is hard to find interesting tv shows.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

This is highly logical: Star Trek‘s next lead will be more of a Janeway than a Jean-Luc.

There’s no confirmation from CBS, but sources tell TVLine that Bryan Fuller’s forthcoming Star Trek: Discovery reboot will feature a female lead. Casting for the coveted role is currently underway.

n a recent interview, Fuller hinted that the show’s ensemble would be diverse. “We want to carry on what Star Trek does best, which is being progressive,” he said. “It’s fascinating to look at all of these roles through a colorblind prism and a gender-blind prism.”
Star Trek: Discovery episodes will unspool weekly on CBS All Access after initially launching with a two-hour episode on CBS network in January 2017.

Per the official CBS logline, “The brand-new Star Trek will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.”

“We’ve got the arc of the first season entirely written, or arced out,” Fuller revealed to Collider earlier this summer, “and we’ve got the first six episodes entirely broken.”

Fuller elaborated at Comic-Con last month, “We’re telling stories in a brand-new way. We’re not so much episodic. There have been 762 episodes of Star Trek television, so we’re going to be telling stories like a novel, chapter by chapter.”

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
‘Star Trek Discovery’: Series Reboot To Have Female Lead As Casting Heats Up

After Star Wars was rebooted with a female heroine, Rey, at the center, the other famous space franchise, Star Trek, is taking a similar route with the new series Star Trek Discovery for CBS All Access. I hear the show, from Bryan Fuller and Alex Kurtzman, will have a female lead and she likely will be non-white.

William Shatner, Chris Pine and Scott Bakula may be the better known Star Trek stars, but there was a Star Trekseries, the 1995 Star Trek: Voyager on UPN, which had a female lead, Kate Mulgrew, who played Commanding Officer Kathryn Janeway.

Still, Star Trek Discovery will possibly boldly go where no other Star Trekinstallment has gone before — with a woman of color as the lead. I hear virtually all women seen for the part so far — and there have been a lot of them as the casting process has kicked into high gear — have been African American or Hispanic.

No one has been cast yet, so it is possible that the role could ultimately go to a Caucasian actress but the intention is to go diverse.

As for what that lead role is, there had been speculation that it is the captain but I hear that likely is not the case.

The Star Trek franchise is known for its inclusiveness, and I hear the new series will try to continue that tradition. There is speculation that there will be a an openly gay character on the show. (Of course, there also is expected to be a Klingon).

Star Trek celebrates diversity,” Fuller said at the Star Trek 50th anniversary panel at Comic-Con last month. “It seems like a great statement from [Star Trek creator] Gene Roddenberry, who felt the human race just has to get along.” He is expected to elaborate on the project’s casting strategy at the CBS All Access panel at TCA this afternoon, which Deadline will cover.

David Semel is directing and executive produce the opening episode of Star Trek Discovery, which will premiere on CBS in January before the series moves to its permanent home at SVOD platform CBS All Access.

Kurtzman and Fuller executive produce alongside Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
not sure how i feel about the serial approach.

i feel like you have so many more options if its episodic.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

They can stop searching and just give the role to Gina Torres.
8EO2IVa.gif