"Star Trek Beyond" Official thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:dahell: "Star Trek Into Darkness" was a GREAT MOVIE!!!
i give it a 7 compared to the 8 i give the first...and i might lower it in retrospect

My issue with it is that it took place all on the ship we did not get to see any planets. like just when we thought we were..we get to some steps..and then its back to the ship :manny:

where nothing really happens...the entire movie

they're right to replace abrams..as he's shown with his shows he starts out hot and slowly gets worse and worse over time

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know what you mean breh, but these new era Trek films are making money just due to them not being like the older films which dealt with exploration and Federation politics (even though Into Darkness was just a remake of Wrath of khan), so imma just let them cook.

But they really need to make a new fukkin series based after Voyager and Insurrection.
I'm more a fan of trek from the 80s and 90s but I like this trek to because its not the same reality although I don't take it as serious I do miss the serious trek though and Sisko was that nikka.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
The action in Star Trek Intro Darkness was really good and had fantastic moments but overall the story was meh.
Justin Lin isn't going to improve that.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
into darkness was weak? :mjlol:

Apparently it's not well liked breh. I fukk with it but I definitely see the issues some people had with it. I just didn't have those issues. @flyry points out it mostly takes place on a ship and I never even thought of that until just now. I really only have one main problem with the movie and it's a key part of the story that the movie goes for that the character hadn't earned yet and it felt forced

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
made me laugh out loud reading that.

i get that the show did.

but cmon we had more locales in the first joint.

Lol I never thought about it but that's because I was invested in the character stuff but you're right. I know the aim for the third movie was to get it off the ship and finally explore the galaxy so hopefully that won't be an issue.

My issue with the movie is the wrath of Khan moment they redo with Kirk and Spock. It was completely forced, completely unearned, and just had no place. The reason it worked so well in Wrath of Kahn is because you as a viewer knew the history of the two of them and they were together for so damn long so that friendship had more meaning and more weight. In this movie, these two have been been together for maybe 2 years, and even then, the friendship isn't solidified yet, so now I'm supposed to care that they're having this touching moment? Contrast that with Spock watching his mom die in the first and dealing with the aftermath of that and it's executed perfectly because you get it. You get that this guy lost someone he was close to and it's fukking with him even though you didn't see them share a lot of screen time, it's illustrated early how much his mom means to him

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
Teaser/Trailer will be attached to Star Wars 7:
May the force be with rival Hollywood studios trying to get their trailers placed before Disney and Lucasfilm's Star Wars: The Force Awakens, from director J.J. Abrams.

One studio already prevailing is Paramount, which will unveil a promo for Star Trek Beyond tied to Force Awakens, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The Star Wars reboot launches in select theaters on the evening of Dec. 17 before opening everywhere in North America on Dec. 18.

It's no surprise that the latest installment in the Star Trek series would get favored treatment. Abrams, whose Bad Robot production company is based at Paramount, produced Star Trek Beyond after directing the first two films in the revitalized franchise, Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013).

Abrams gave up directing duties on Star Trek Beyond to helm Star Wars: Force Awakens for Lucasfilm and Disney.

Star Trek Beyond doesn't open in theaters until July 22, but there couldn't be a better berth to showcase the film than Force Awakens.
'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Snags Prime 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Slot