Star Citizen | PC | TBA

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
i bought a ship (minimum price) and it spawned without a seat, i had to contact the developers to reset my game, i go to another planet to do a delivery and i find out my spaceship has no cargo loader

:camby: bushes
after like 2017 anybody still giving these people money deserve the L

hold this neg for being an irresponsible consumer:scust:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Star Citizen is doing 'bedsheet deformation' physics now, because of course it is

Star Citizen has been in development for well over a decade now, during which time it has raised more than $450 million in crowdfunding, and if you're wondering why it's still in an alpha state after all that time and money, the latest update from developer Cloud Imperium Games might hold a clue.

It all comes down to something called "bedsheet deformation," which is exactly what it sounds like: Ensuring that blankets on beds are mussed up accurately, just like they would be in real life. This is important because the "sleep and bed relaxation" element of Squadron 42, the singleplayer portion of Star Citizen, was recently updated so NPCs are now able to find and enter their beds, and then sleep until they're scheduled to get up.

"We knew early on that, to hit the fidelity we expect for Sq42, we would need to do some R&D on bedsheet deformation," the AI Content team explained, apparently straight-faced. "This work is currently underway and, if successful, will allow the AI to deform their sheets when entering, exiting, or sleeping inside them. This is a challenging assignment and expands the complexity of the feature. For example, what happens to the sheets if the AI needs to exit the bed in an emergency?"

7r1BZDU.gif

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
U need to start a #StarCitizenVictim movement breh :mjlol:
I might've been brainwashed, but I still love playing it. Idk what is about flying around in space and going down to the surface of planets and moons and fukking around, but it's soothing. I get how paying for fake ships looks dumb as fukk though.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I might've been brainwashed, but I still love playing it. Idk what is about flying around in space and going down to the surface of planets and moons and fukking around, but it's soothing. I get how paying for fake ships looks dumb as fukk though.

Is there any life forms around or u just land on empty places and explore?

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Is there any life forms around or u just land on empty places and explore?
There's life forms/npc's at the landing zones, even the remote putposts in some cases. But they are very barebones and even get stuck quiet often. I don't recommend anyone looking for a complete or lore-immersive experiences to join up...YET. They are being a lil ambitious with the NPC AI because they want them to have full day cycles of going to work and doing various tasks and sheltering and actually affecting the game economy. But yeah, I know people shyt on this project but for me it's interesting watching a game grow into something. I backed when it was just a kickstarter and they've made massive strides and are making never before seen game tech that will be implemented in other games. Quantum jumping from one planet to another then to atmosphere to surface with no loading screens and no gimmicky transitions is amazing and no other game I've seen can do that. That being said the actual game won't be finished for another 3-5 years

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
There's life forms/npc's at the landing zones, even the remote putposts in some cases. But they are very barebones and even get stuck quiet often. I don't recommend anyone looking for a complete or lore-immersive experiences to join up...YET. They are being a lil ambitious with the NPC AI because they want them to have full day cycles of going to work and doing various tasks and sheltering and actually affecting the game economy. But yeah, I know people shyt on this project but for me it's interesting watching a game grow into something. I backed when it was just a kickstarter and they've made massive strides and are making never before seen game tech that will be implemented in other games. Quantum jumping from one planet to another then to atmosphere to surface with no loading screens and no gimmicky transitions is amazing and no other game I've seen can do that.
No Man’s Sky does it pretty. Hopefully starfield does it too, but it doesn’t seem like it.