Standing overhead presses should be the standard for strength, not bench

Daps
You gotta be the dumbest nikka on this earth :mjlol: I keep tellin ya stupid ass I don't do calisthenics and you act like a dumb bytch that can't understand... dikk riding one minute, flip floppin like a pancake next.

It's summer time, I'm under 260 and never been fat. A taller nikka is gonna be heavier, common sense shyt. Now you just talkin outta ya ass. Like I said, no real nikka that did a bid acts like you act fam. You was in a sex offender PC joint or some shyt because you got hella faq/feminine tendacies.

We doin squats, deads, bench, ohp, curls, tri extensions and pull downs or bend over rows all barbell.

Legs, back, chest, arms, shoulders all covered. 7 exercises and the best outta 7 wins. Max weight you can at 5 reps max. Everything's covered, you say you stronger so let's go p*ssy ass nikka let's see what you can do coward

We can do a ban bet when I drop you off, loser gets banned from postin anywhere but the salon where ya bytch ass need to be postin anyway.

nikka don't nobody wanna hear them excuses, we do pull ups and pushups as well,all that otha shyt is unnecessary we can upload paperwork from the joint if you tryna go that far as well,bench,deads,squats, pushups and pull ups either accept or not nikka.

And we gonna do a weigh in because I'd have to be 230ish to be as big as you at 6'0 and you not lean so we gonna do bodyweight to strength ratio I'll clean you ban bet

semtex

:)
Daps
Y'all takin shyt and goin left field with it :snoop:

NFL Combine test they do one lift, bench. Police/Military/fire department etc...they do one lift, bench. When a random person asks you what you lift, they ask for your bench

Bench is the standard for strength, why are we talking about big 3s and other shyt for :why: I'm saying that if you're gonna have one lift as a standard for strength then it shouldn't be bench, it should be standing overhead presses. That simple
:ahh: :salute:

I agree 100%

Started 5/3/1 this month and overhead press is one of the main lifts. I'm relatively close to breaking 200 on it already (I weigh 227-228). Got some tough ass dumbbell press variations to help :whew:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
nikka don't nobody wanna hear them excuses, we do pull ups and pushups as well,all that otha shyt is unnecessary we can upload paperwork from the joint if you tryna go that far as well,bench,deads,squats, pushups and pull ups either accept or not nikka.

And we gonna do a weigh in because I'd have to be 230ish to be as big as you at 6'0 and you not lean so we gonna do bodyweight to strength ratio I'll clean you ban bet

Where are the excuses at you clown :russ: you say you strong but your bytch ass trying to do everything but the major lifts weak coward ass nikka.

Now we talking about everything else but lifting and you worried about how I look with my shirt off. Its summer so ive been started cutting faq since you want to know how lean I am.

Now this clown talking about "strength to weight ratios" :mjlol::bryan:

Daps
Where am are there excuses at you clown :russ: you say you strong but your bytch ass trying to do everything but the major lifts weak coward ass nikka.

Now we talking about everything else but lifting and you worried about how I look with my shirt off. Its summer so ive been started cutting faq since you want to know how lean I am.

Now this clown talking about "strength to weight ratios" :mjlol::bryan:

The major lifts are bench,deads and squats its documented wtf are you talking about.

I'm done going back and forth,I'll even give you a month to get ya shyt up

Tag me when you ready.

Squats,bench,deads, pushups, pullups

And weight plays a factor dumb ass nikka if you really was in the joint you know they do competitions by weight classes you p*ssy,don't expose yoself.

Tag me when you ready :jawalrus:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Why is this bytch still talkin to me :wtf: I don't know what else needs to be said here

Strength standards for overhead press

Press Standards

I'm def past advanced but goddamn 255lbs :damn: they ain't lying when they say "elite"

That's some worlds strongest man type shyt. them airplane tires :wow:

Easily one of the most intense lifts there is

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I told nikkas all we gotta do is pick a lift and let's get to it,we make a thread and we all put our videos in there of us doing the selected exercise, but cats keep bytchin up.

We did the pull up thread and I won that one at 210 pounds.

I'm wit it,I'm not saying I'm the strongest cat on the board but I know I can hold my own,I really wanna do it for motivational purposes, but cats just keep talking instead of posting.

And you right the bench press ain't shyt
How many pullups you do?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
38 at 6'0 210
Not bad.

Were they full length (dead hang, no swing?) I think the most i ever did was 38 at 190

I was in a bodyweight competition in the military. We had to bench our bodyweight, do pullups, and do dips for a summed total.

My plan was to do 30 bench (at 190), 30 pullups, and 60 dips.

Got all the way to the dips and gassed out at 40. Got 3rd place by 1 rep and missed first by 10.

But what i didnt know is that there was no time limit, you can take as long of a break as you needed. I did my lifts quick af compared to the 2 above me.

Daps
Not bad.

Were they full length (dead hang, no swing?) I think the most i ever did was 38 at 190

I was in a bodyweight competition in the military. We had to bench our bodyweight, do pullups, and do dips for a summed total.

My plan was to do 30 bench (at 190), 30 pullups, and 60 dips.

Got all the way to the dips and gassed out at 40. Got 3rd place by 1 rep and missed first by 10.

But what i didnt know is that there was no time limit, you can take as long of a break as you needed. I did my lifts quick af compared to the 2 above me.

Yes no swinging ,that doesn't count in my book,and damn that's good shyt,how tall are you,do you still workout?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Overhead/Military presses are a staple in my routine but like another poster said, I start from shoulder height in the power rack, not from the ground.
I mean, we would do a lil power clean into reps at shoulder press at 135 but anything more than that was pushing injury unless youre just a big guy.

Seated are better... And i prefer dumbells for that.

Yes no swinging ,that doesn't count in my book,and damn that's good shyt,how tall are you,do you still workout?
And im not a big guy. 5'7, about 205. Trying to lose fat and some bulk now i guess. When i did all that a few years ago i was 185-190. I was always gambling in the military. Army cat said I couldn't do 30 from dead hangs (meaning i had to extend more than normal). I did and got $$$.

One arm pushups, etc. i could do it all. I dont think so now but im gonna try to get back in shape