Standing overhead presses should be the standard for strength, not bench

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don't even know how bench is the standard to be honest. That's why you got all of these fake strong cats out here that can put weight up on bench but can't do shyt else

I'm talking standing overhead press where you pick the weight up from the ground and set yourself like outta strongman comp.

You have to have strong legs, arms,core, back, upper body, everything to do these with some weight. A person can get away with having strong squat/dead numbers and still have a relatively weak upper body and vice versa. You can't even get the weight in position if your lower lackin and you can't get it up if your upper is lackin

People avoid real lifts but more people need to do these and you losin out of these ain't in your routine.

Last edited:
Daps
I don't even know how bench is the standard to be honest. That's why you got all of these fake strong cats out here that can put weight up on bench but can't do shyt else

I'm talking standing overhead press where you pick the weight up from the ground and set yourself like outta strongman comp.

You have to have strong legs, arms,core, back, upper body, everything to do these with some weight. A person can get away with having strong squat/dead numbers and still have a relatively weak upper body and vice versa. You can't even get the weight in position if your lower lackin and you can't get it up if your upper is lackin

People avoid real lifts but more people need to do these and you losin out of these ain't in your routine.

I told nikkas all we gotta do is pick a lift and let's get to it,we make a thread and we all put our videos in there of us doing the selected exercise, but cats keep bytchin up.

We did the pull up thread and I won that one at 210 pounds.

I'm wit it,I'm not saying I'm the strongest cat on the board but I know I can hold my own,I really wanna do it for motivational purposes, but cats just keep talking instead of posting.

And you right the bench press ain't shyt

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My OHP is so bytch made

I'm talking 135 for like 6-7 reps max

That ain't bad tho because a lot of cats straight avoid overhead presses

Some how there's a myth that shoulder press aren't needed in people's routines

I told nikkas all we gotta do is pick a lift and let's get to it,we make a thread and we all put our videos in there of us doing the selected exercise, but cats keep bytchin up.

We did the pull up thread and I won that one at 210 pounds.

I'm wit it,I'm not saying I'm the strongest cat on the board but I know I can hold my own,I really wanna do it for motivational purposes, but cats just keep talking instead of posting.

And you right the bench press ain't shyt

Thats not the point but I'm not against that at all even tho it's only gonna be a few people participating

I'm taking about one lift that encompasses full body strength, not just lower or upper. That's standing over head presses when you have to set yourself off the ground, not usin a rack

Daps
That ain't bad tho because a lot of cats straight avoid overhead presses

Some how there's a myth that shoulder press aren't needed in people's routines

Thats not the point but I'm not against that at all even tho it's only gonna be a few people participating

I'm taking about one lift that encompasses full body strength, not just lower or upper. That's standing over head presses when you have to set yourself off the ground, not usin a rack

I still don't think that's the best lift to determine true strength,I mean its a lot of ways to determine true strength but like @hoodheronova said the big 3(Squat,Dead,Bench) is what people generally go by to determine strength and if your over 1000 with that you good money.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Y'all takin shyt and goin left field with it :snoop:

NFL Combine test they do one lift, bench. Police/Military/fire department etc...they do one lift, bench. When a random person asks you what you lift, they ask for your bench

Bench is the standard for strength, why are we talking about big 3s and other shyt for :why: I'm saying that if you're gonna have one lift as a standard for strength then it shouldn't be bench, it should be standing overhead presses. That simple

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA

I don't know about it being the standard, but it is definitely better for deltoid mass than bench press.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don't know about it being the standard, but it is definitely better for deltoid mass than bench press.

It is the standard, this not even debatable. In major sports bench is tested, no other weighted lift

When testing for state cops, sheriffs or any of that other shyt comes around the only weighted lift they test is bench.

Etc...

Bench is the unofficial/official standard for strength

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
It is the standard, this not even debatable. In major sports bench is tested, no other weighted lift

When testing for state cops, sheriffs or any of that other shyt comes around the only weighted lift they test is bench.

Etc...

Bench is the unofficial/official standard for strength
What I meant was I don't know about the standing overhead press being the standard.
I could argue that the barbell squat should be the standard.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What I meant was I don't know about the standing overhead press being the standard.
I could argue that the barbell squat should be the standard.

Nah you can't argue that, you can have a weak upper body and still squat some weight.

I explained all of this shyt in the first post, read before you comment

Daps
Y'all takin shyt and goin left field with it :snoop:

NFL Combine test they do one lift, bench. Police/Military/fire department etc...they do one lift, bench. When a random person asks you what you lift, they ask for your bench

Bench is the standard for strength, why are we talking about big 3s and other shyt for :why: I'm saying that if you're gonna have one lift as a standard for strength then it shouldn't be bench, it should be standing overhead presses. That simple

No it shouldn't it should be deadlifts or squats