Stan Lee Disses DC Comics, Says They Got Alot Of Catching Up To Do

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
"DC, of course, is trying to catch up to Marvel," Lee said. "More power to them. It's good if everybody does well, but they're certainly starting from a ways back."
In his defense, Marvel has had a killer box office record. DC has had lots of luck with the Nolan-helmed Batman franchise, but other attempts at DC characters have been hit-and-miss.

Lee also dissed their superhero repertoire.
"Marvel has so many heroes," Lee said. "DC just has Superman, Batman and maybe Wonder Woman. Perhaps they'll use The Flash. Green Lantern wasn't very successful, but we'll see."

"I wanted to do [Daredevil as a television series] many years ago, but at the time the people who owned [Marvel] were very foolish," Lee said.
"There was a beautiful actress who wanted to play Black Widow alongside Daredevil in the TV show. I forget her name ... but she was gorgeous; you'd know her," he continued. "I came to the person who at the time was the CEO of Marvel and I said, 'We have a chance to do this as a series,' and this idiot said, 'If it bombs, that'll hurt the character.' And I said, 'If that was the case we'd never do anything.'"

"After Ant-Man, we're going to start playing around with Doctor Strange, the Black Panther, the Inhumans, and then we have to come back for Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Big Hero 6, the Avengers, Captain America," he says.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"DC, of course, is trying to catch up to Marvel," Lee said. "More power to them. It's good if everybody does well, but they're certainly starting from a ways back."
In his defense, Marvel has had a killer box office record. DC has had lots of luck with the Nolan-helmed Batman franchise, but other attempts at DC characters have been hit-and-miss.

Lee also dissed their superhero repertoire.
"Marvel has so many heroes," Lee said. "DC just has Superman, Batman and maybe Wonder Woman. Perhaps they'll use The Flash. Green Lantern wasn't very successful, but we'll see."

"I wanted to do [Daredevil as a television series] many years ago, but at the time the people who owned [Marvel] were very foolish," Lee said.
"There was a beautiful actress who wanted to play Black Widow alongside Daredevil in the TV show. I forget her name ... but she was gorgeous; you'd know her," he continued. "I came to the person who at the time was the CEO of Marvel and I said, 'We have a chance to do this as a series,' and this idiot said, 'If it bombs, that'll hurt the character.' And I said, 'If that was the case we'd never do anything.'"

"After Ant-Man, we're going to start playing around with Doctor Strange, the Black Panther, the Inhumans, and then we have to come back for Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Big Hero 6, the Avengers, Captain America," he says.

What was he suppose to say ? fukk marvel ?

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Marvel stay crushing the buildings.
sick em Stan!
wat6rr.jpg

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I dont even think stan lee has anything to do with marvel as of now anyway, besides being an ambassador. For years his characters been portrayed shytty as fukk on the big screen and television until recently, and now dude wants to pop shyt to dc like they been running shyt forever. Lol at any comic book movie made before batman begins(maybe not spiderman 2). Batman Begins was the blueprint to all these comic book movies being created with some respect for the source material and not happy meals

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why either negative or positive?
Why not be neutral?

In any case, why did you think this thread was a reflection of my position/views?
It was nothing more than a copy n paste.
Lol no I don't mean your views I mean him . He's in every marvel movie and is from marvel it'd be a suprise if he was like wow DC won

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
The man has ZERO fukkS to give. He's damn near 100 years old...

Do you think he gives a damn that he takes the kid gloves off at this point in his life? He's probably stating what he's always wanted to say for years.
And being a bigger DC guy myself, I'm not in my feelings for what he had to say.
Any lagging on WB/DC's part is their own fault. :francis:

They are playing catch up.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Always found it funny that his parents named him "Stan". I understand he is marvel and everything but he is annoying