St Lucia to adopt Kweyol language in public schools

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
It’s unfortunate that French is viewed as the bummy language in the island. Not going to front I use to think the same would happen to even Haiti at one point when I was younger

I would rather French be the bummy language than Creole. Though honestly, the way you worded that is kinda confusing.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Antillean Creole and Haitian Creole pretty much the same. From what I know, it's like a Cuban and a Paraguayan speaking Spanish. There's are some words and phrases that are different but the language is still 98*% the same.
To be fair, Paraguay speaks Guarani :hubie:

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps

@galsen @MischievousMonkey @mbewane @Frangala
=======================

@Mega @BigMan @mson @Soundbwoy @ZoeGod @havoc @kej718 @Saint of Commerce @intruder @Mirin4rmfar @MidniteJay. @Samson @Secure Da Bag @HaitianPatty

=============

Interested in knowing how much of these two videos can you pick up on and understand?

I hear and understand it 100%. Sounds like Haitian Kreyol with occasional French words.

:wow:I didn't know there were other people outside of Haiti that spoke Kreyol

Mega

Superstar
Daps
Just booked my ticket.:wow:
I am heading down to St. Lucia on the 26th for my birthday weekend.. :blessed:

:blessed:
pmgJrZaXj

Mega

Superstar
Daps
@Mega

How was the trip?
Wow I forgot all about this thread. Sorry:snoop:
I didn't realize how small the island until we traveled from Gro Islet in the north then down to the Airport in the south. It only took a hr.and some change.

But overall trip was amazing. We stayed at the Marigot Bay. Real laid back and nice resort. Food was wack there, so we opted for some local street food. Every morning I ate chicken back with dumplings or plantains with coco tea. For Lunch I usually had steam fish and rice. It was well worth it.

We did a lot of excursions around Marigot Bay and Gros Islet, Visited the Piton Mountains, Went to the sulfur springs in Soufriere, Experienced the nightlife scene out in Rodney Bay. Soufriere was my favorite town because it reminded me of Cap Haitian with the old French architecture.

Kreyol is spoken there more than I thought it would be. Most ppl around were shocked when they heard me speak Kreyol and assumed I was Black American at first. But then asked if I was from Dominica when they heard my Kreyol accent. When I mentioned I was of Haitian decent they showed a lot of love. Wish I was able to spend more time to hit up different towns. I think I will back in 2024. But next time I will stay at the Jade Mountain resort.

I really suggest you guys, especially my fellow Haitian Americans to go and visited.

I have pictures but the file got corrupted on my camera. I am going see if I can upload some from wifey's phone

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps

@galsen @MischievousMonkey @mbewane @Frangala
=======================

@Mega @BigMan @mson @Soundbwoy @ZoeGod @havoc @kej718 @Saint of Commerce @intruder @Mirin4rmfar @MidniteJay. @Samson @Secure Da Bag @HaitianPatty

=============

Interested in knowing how much of these two videos can you pick up on and understand?

I hear and understand it 100%. Sounds like Haitian Kreyol with occasional French words.

I understood everything that lady from the first video said, didn’t watch the second video