St Lucia to adopt Kweyol language in public schools

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
One of my moms closest friends was St. Lucian. It was pretty much the same language to me. She passed from cancer a few years ago though. I wonder how her sons doing:mjcry:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I thought that they and Dominica also spoke a english creole as well. And I believe TNT has or had a french creole minority. Is that Correct?
Yes. In the first video in the second post, the lady alludes to the nature of colonial history in the Caribbean. With territories changing possession between different Euro powers. Would create speakers of different languages on the same island.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

@galsen @MischievousMonkey @mbewane @Frangala
=======================

@Mega @BigMan @mson @Soundbwoy @ZoeGod @havoc @kej718 @Saint of Commerce @intruder @Mirin4rmfar @MidniteJay. @Samson @Secure Da Bag @HaitianPatty

=============

Interested in knowing how much of these two videos can you pick up on and understand?

I hear and understand it 100%. Sounds like Haitian Kreyol with occasional French words.

I understood them but I think this is the first time seeing kreyol being spelt 'kweyol'.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I thought that they and Dominica also spoke a english creole as well. And I believe TNT has or had a french creole minority. Is that Correct?

Dominica and St Lucia have the Antillean (french based) creole there. Kreyol used to be spoken in TNT as in the early days the island switched owners a bunch of times and it wasn't as populated as the other islands. One of the first big waves of people to come were French people bringing over their slaves from Haiti, Guadeloupe, Martinique during the French and Haitian revolutions.

I understood them but I think this is the first time seeing kreyol being spelt 'kweyol'.

That's just how they spell it there.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
During the reign of King Henri Christophe - Haiti was allies with the United Kingdom.

English was an official language in the kingdom.... the English influence created a new form of "creole" among Northern Haitians
i did not know this

have any more info on this?

and respect to St. Lucia for this

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
i did not know this

have any more info on this?

The abolitionist movement against Slavery was led by the United Kingdom during the early 1800s.

The British government was in constant communication with the Haitian government during that time.

British Abolitionist Thomas Clarkson was best friends with King Henri Christophe.

16643174450.jpg