St Louis Humans, Yall Agreeing with this Dude about yall food

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Chimetime don’t like shyt dude is a 🤡

I heard St. Louis got some fire BBQ and the best takeout Chinese in the country
How you heard St Louis got fire BBQ when he's literally showing the barbecue coming out of St.Louis?

CACs told you St. Louis got fire BBQ.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
From St. Louis born and raised. We are NOT a bbq city. People think we are because of St. Louis cut ribs but we are not. We a fried rice and thin crust pizza city. Our Italian food is also flames. We also love white castles. That’s our culture not bbq. Dude went to the wrong spots without understanding stl culture.

THats false advertising. That's like going to Maryland and not finding good blue crabs.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
I be wondering sometimes if he be bashing food for clout, but I look at the food he reviews and it matches his criticism.

Sniper

All Star
Daps
From St. Louis born and raised. We are NOT a bbq city. People think we are because of St. Louis cut ribs but we are not. We a fried rice and thin crust pizza city. Our Italian food is also flames. We also love white castles. That’s our culture not bbq. Dude went to the wrong spots without understanding stl culture.

He gets recommended places from the people in the cities that he visits.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I remember the first time I visited they told me to try a St Paul sandwich.

Breh I bit into that shyt :mjcry:... I don't even feel like talking about it no more
giphy.gif

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
interesting

what culture did the fried rice come from?

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THats false advertising. That's like going to Maryland and not finding good blue crabs.

How is it false advertising? A St Louis rib is a CUT a ribs. It got its name because back in the day much of the country’s meat packing industry was located there. So basically it’s named after St. Louis because that was the first place a meat packer cut the Spare Rib. It has nothing to do with bbqing, cooking, etc. per say, just the butchering process.

Stl is not a bbq city at all. I lived in KC for 10 years as well. THATS a bbq city. It’s baked into their culture. When I first moved there I found it odd that bbq restaurants even existed in that kind of abundance and capacity because I wasn’t used to that.

Last edited:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
How is it false advertising? A St Louis rib is a CUT a ribs. It got its name because back in the day much of the country’s meat packing industry was located there. So basically it’s named after St. Louis because that was the first place a meat packer cut the Spare Rib. It has nothing to do with bbqing, cooking, etc. per say, just the butchering process.

Stl is not a bbq city at all. I lived in KC for 10 years as well. THATS a bbq city. It’s baked into their culture. When I first moved there I found it odd that bbq restaurants even existed in that kind of abundance and capacity because I wasn’t used that that.
I don’t know what a “bbq city” means, but St. Louis has a lot of good places. Pappy’s, Bogarts, Shaved Duck, Sugarfire, Salt and Smoke, etc.

I would say the best food in the area would be Italian because of The Hill. We’re famous for good Chinese food too but I stay away from eating it with all the loaded up sodium in the food.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Somebody made the same thread about him trashing Charlotte food
This is his thing… Its only making him more popular.
I figured he was like this everywhere. People all on my FB timeline trying to argue back and forth with him about he went to bad spots and all that. He knows how to get engagement, and it’s certainly by not going to the best of the best restaurants and saying how good they are. Negativity drives engagement much more. And countless black folks here are it up. Never heard of him before last week.