SSJ3 is the worst tranformation in DBZ history and I'll tell you why.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now when we were kids I know that everyone thought the SSJ3 was the dopest shyt ever. But in actuality its one of the laziest transformations ever.

Toriyama even half assed on how goku even attained it. All we know is "something" happened, learned it in other world, not having a living body made it easier. What kind of freaking plot cheat code is that??

SSJ had a history and legend behind it.
SSJ2 blood, sweat, tears, and death behind it.
SSJ3 was just a "Hey look what I can do." type of shyt.

Toriyama gave us nothing on how, or why or what even caused him to gain this ability.
All Goku said was "Oh I learned it during my Other World Adventures."

but wait that's not all!

Toriyama does it AGAIN when Gotenks goes SSJ3.
Except this time its learned because Goku tells them, "Go SSJ, then SSJ2, then dig deep and try hard and boom, you're a SSJ3."

Both times the transformation appeared it was done as a show-and-tell routine. And there was no immediate threat or danger, hell Goku had a big ole grin on his face the first time he showed it and so did Gotenks.

When Gohan first went SSJ2, that was the last time the SSJ transformations meant anything in my opinion.

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
They sold the idea that goku attains SSJ3 by super hard training lmao, but you have to have a friend die to achieve 1 and 2.

FOH, writers

SSJ3 goku 1st transformation is still the dopest IMO

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Not to mention no one can sustain it for long fights, it's so energy consuming. Gotenks got a plot hole for that too though.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Cosign. I gotta say though when mystic gohan came through and bodiex buu, that was def a great transformation. Even the way ss3 looked was corny.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
SSJ3 Gotenks showed 2 things.

1. Just how strong a fusion could be.

2. How becoming a Saiyan becomes easier down the Saiyan bloodline.

I hate how people skim through that. Think of how hard it was for Vegeta to go SSJ. And how easy it was for Goten and Trunks. It was like a switch for them.

So when you add that Trunks and Goten are Saiyan-Human hybrids who found it easy to go SSJ. Then you add that they both fused together while SSJ. Its not really a surprise that Gotenks went SSJ3 so easily

They were already strong for their age, and plus they fused as super saiyans if I remember correctly. SSJ3 Gotenks is believable.

Last edited:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now when we were kids I know that everyone thought the SSJ3 was the dopest shyt ever. But in actuality its one of the laziest transformations ever.

Toriyama even half assed on how goku even attained it. All we know is "something" happened, learned it in other world, not having a living body made it easier. What kind of freaking plot cheat code is that??

SSJ had a history and legend behind it.
SSJ2 blood, sweat, tears, and death behind it.
SSJ3 was just a "Hey look what I can do." type of shyt.

Toriyama gave us nothing on how, or why or what even caused him to gain this ability.
All Goku said was "Oh I learned it during my Other World Adventures."

but wait that's not all!

Toriyama does it AGAIN when Gotenks goes SSJ3.
Except this time its learned because Goku tells them, "Go SSJ, then SSJ2, then dig deep and try hard and boom, you're a SSJ3."

Both times the transformation appeared it was done as a show-and-tell routine. And there was no immediate threat or danger, hell Goku had a big ole grin on his face the first time he showed it and so did Gotenks.

When Gohan first went SSJ2, that was the last time the SSJ transformations meant anything in my opinion.

Agreed, that shyt was always wack. Maybe I was just over DBZ by that point, but the whole Buu thing was just garbage. Then watching Goku shout literally for a whole episode just to lose his eyebrows and still not be able to beat him... yea I was done.