Square really needs to remake Final Fantasy VI

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This. It’s most people’s first ff. It’s why you don’t see much fanfare for VI besides from mostly hardcore gamers.

Totally disagree. For YEARS almost anyone who's older than 27 says when it comes to RPGs its a toss up between VI and Chrono Trigger for best RPG ever. Even if they like other ones better.

There's a generational split at X. I've noticed almost everyone under 27 says X is their favorite and 7 is the best.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Totally disagree. For YEARS almost anyone who's older than 27 says when it comes to RPGs its a toss up between VI and Chrono Trigger for best RPG ever. Even if they like other ones better.

There's a generational split at X. I've noticed almost everyone under 27 says X is their favorite and 7 is the best.
I barely see people acknowledge X, that was my first to completion. But VI is my favorite. It truly is an epic. I mostly see people gush over VII

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The son of a bytch straight poisoned the water to a entire village and killed them all minus Cyan…

When I was a kid I was like:ohhh:

breh;s come up and laugh is legendary.

This. It’s most people’s first ff. It’s why you don’t see much fanfare for VI besides from mostly hardcore gamers.

It's sad to say it, too. But I get it.

But honestly, the only thing FF7 got over 6 is (arguably) graphics and chocobo races.

Folks go on and on about Sephiroth, but I don't even remember what he did that was impressive.

":damn: HE KILLED THAT BIG SNAKE!"

:stopitslime: Once I realized I could damage that snake, I stayed there and grinded til I could one shot that snake. When it got to the point in the story where we crossed that water, that cutscene popped up and the characters were like "OMG he killed it He's a monster!!!! :lupe:"

Me: :beli:

":damn: "HE KILLED AREITH!!!!!""

:stopitslime: Kefka killed a whole village of folks for shyts and giggles (he literally laughed about it) EARLY ON. Then he WON on some Thanos shyt and destroyed THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD.... HALFWAY THROUGH THE STORY.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
breh;s come up and laugh is legendary.

It's sad to say it, too. But I get it.

But honestly, the only thing FF7 got over 6 is (arguably) graphics and chocobo races.

Folks go on and on about Sephiroth, but I don't even remember what he did that was impressive.

":damn: HE KILLED THAT BIG SNAKE!"

:stopitslime: Once I realized I could damage that snake, I stayed there and grinded til I could one shot that snake. When it got to the point in the story where we crossed that water, that cutscene popped up and the characters were like "OMG he killed it He's a monster!!!! :lupe:"

Me: :beli:

":damn: "HE KILLED AREITH!!!!!""

:stopitslime: Kefka killed a whole village of folks for shyts and giggles (he literally laughed about it) EARLY ON. Then he WON on some Thanos shyt and destroyed THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD.... HALFWAY THROUGH THE STORY.
it took the FF6 worlds equivalent of a Super Saiyan, a king, a magically infused top general, an assassin, etc to take down Kefka.
tumblr_inline_o89m07P5HZ1qhxtbg_1280.png

and he still destroyed the world so he already won before the fight even started.:picard:

Sephiroth caught the beats from this fukkin bum. a SOLDIER washout
avatars-000214005228-i99lyz-t500x500.jpg

:mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I do gotta ask this would you guys be fine like FF VII Remake if this ain't 100% turn based. :lupe:

Modern turn based game outside of mainline SMT become a joke gameplay wise. Persona V, Modern Trails as some examples it is so easy to break the game on the hardest difficulties.

DQ 11 had a weird thing were normal difficult was a breeze, but the hard difficulty can feel very overwhelming, to say the least.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
VI was ahead of its time IMO…I think it was the second FF I beat. The presentation and characters really drew me in. You can tell Square put everything they had into it as there aren’t too many SNES games that had that level of polish

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
it took the FF6 worlds equivalent of a Super Saiyan, a king, a magically infused top general, an assassin, etc to take down Kefka.

and he still destroyed the world so he already won before the fight even started.:picard:

And Kefka wasn't even the main bad guy.... til he was!

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I’m fukkin dead breh :deadrose:

Facts FF 6 will always be my favorite rpg period. Part nostalgia and the other was just pure fukk shyt and all around perfect gameplay

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I do gotta ask this would you guys be fine like FF VII Remake if this ain't 100% turn based. :lupe:

Modern turn based game outside of mainline SMT become a joke gameplay wise. Persona V, Modern Trails as some examples it is so easy to break the game on the hardest difficulties.

DQ 11 had a weird thing were normal difficult was a breeze, but the hard difficulty can feel very overwhelming, to say the least.
Agreed.

I can't go back to turn based :hubie:

Imagine Cyan sword artin' and Sabin bumrushing in realtime brehs :gladbron:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
They are too incompetent. They have this stable of classic games. FF4-10 they had the best selling most popular games in the world. Honestly these ips could be as big as marvel or Star Wars if that company knew how to do anything.

SE doesn’t need to keep on making new games, I wish they would give the series a rest and go back and remake all those classics to build anticipation for the next ff game. We should have been had a remake of 6. Final fantasy should have an anime series on netflix. Instead they will make 20 games about ff7 remake.

I honestly think SE is getting their pockets run by the yakuza which explains the poor quality games they have been releasing.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps

The genre really needs to let go of turn base. I would rather have a ff6 remake that looks and plays like horizon west and let’s me map Sabina blitz combos and Terra’s magic to the r1 wheel