Square Enix to shift to a multiplatform strategy

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're right. I predicted the fall of Xbox and you didn't listen. Maybe you're seeing something that I don't see with PlayStation.
There is no “fall”, just a change.

Sony stan’s thought you were insulated from this change then BOOM you gotta start stanning a PC game.

Life comes at you fast:damn:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That seems to be a PC problem. You have an open platform with PC but it seems everybody wants to be on Steam. You have GOG, Epic, GamersGate and other stores, but it seems that Steam is the platform. Those were off the top of my head and I don't own a PC.

It seems that Steam is the platform not PC. But what do I know?

:yeshrug:

It is if you owned a PC you would know that. Helldivers 2 sold more on steam than it did on PlayStation when it came out.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Gaming gives an interesting insight in human behaviour.

There's no reason why this should upset anyone save shareholders. But part of the enjoyment for some is others not being able to play a game because they own a different piece of hardware.

My only concern is the potential dip in quality when games are made in consideration of shyt tech.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Smart move. Not releasing on PC is a mistake. PC gaming is getting more and more popular. It's just a better experience. Hopefully they'll release day 1 on PC from here on out. I'm still waiting on FF and Rebirth on PC.

Skipping PC in 2024 is a fatal mistake. Even Sony knows that. MS was right to release everything day 1 on PC. With the introduction of handhelds, it only makes more sense. The time of console exclusives is over. PC is the way :manny:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If that report is true as dude has been wrong many times before, then hopefully that won’t affect the 3rd game, which likely experience even lower sales.

Maybe this will make companies think twice about splitting games into multiple parts especially when they don’t necessarily have to.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Smart move. Not releasing on PC is a mistake. PC gaming is getting more and more popular. It's just a better experience. Hopefully they'll release day 1 on PC from here on out. I'm still waiting on FF and Rebirth on PC.

Skipping PC in 2024 is a fatal mistake. Even Sony knows that. MS was right to release everything day 1 on PC. With the introduction of handhelds, it only makes more sense. The time of console exclusives is over. PC is the way :manny:
That will never happen as you need to offer an incentive for consumers to pick you over your competitors. Microsoft learned that lesson the hard way and tried to course correct by buying a bunch of studios.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Reflecting on this series the only think I really cared about was all the FF cameos. Once they removed all those I pretty much game up on it. I tried to play Kingdom Hearts III 2-3 times and ended up dropping it each time. I made it to the Monsters Inc world and just quit last time. The story is just a bunch of gibberish and they removed the FF characters and packed the fights with all these QTEs. Just couldn't hold my interest. III was such a let down.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Reflecting on this series the only think I really cared about was all the FF cameos. Once they removed all those I pretty much game up on it. I tried to play Kingdom Hearts III 2-3 times and ended up dropping it each time. I made it to the Monsters Inc world and just quit last time. The story is just a bunch of gibberish and they removed the FF characters and packed the fights with all these QTEs. Just couldn't hold my interest. III was such a let down.

probably my biggest gaming dissapointment ever. game was incredibly mid compared to the greatness that was 2