Square Enix to shift to a multiplatform strategy

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Sony stan’s talmbout how the games won’t sell on xbox, when the only reason we are even talking about xbox is cause them shyts ain’t sell on playstation :mjlol:

4 flops in a fukkin row.

Why don’t PS5 owners buy games???:usure:

Square on life support for fighting the console war on sony behalf and all these goofballs can say is “more warzzzz”

nikkas crazy :wow:
:lolbron: :mjlol: guess we continue to wait and see

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Yea I know the switch couldn’t get the ports but it would generate good sales if it was released on steam day and date. The only reason why Final fantasy 7 remake on pc didn’t sell welll is because square released it on epic instead of steam which the majority of the pc audience is on.
That seems to be a PC problem. You have an open platform with PC but it seems everybody wants to be on Steam. You have GOG, Epic, GamersGate and other stores, but it seems that Steam is the platform. Those were off the top of my head and I don't own a PC.

It seems that Steam is the platform not PC. But what do I know?

:yeshrug:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
PC being day one has me thinking this may be the last PS/Xbox console generation for a lot of folks. Capcom, Sega and Bamco are already on it.

I made that switch in January when Microsoft had their conference about multiplatform strategy. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is probably the last Square game I get on a console. Currently, I don't plan on buying the next Microsoft or Sony console. What's the point? Everyone is releasing games everywhere, so I'll see what the specs of the new consoles are and then go way beyond that with my next PC purchase.

In addition to buying new games on Steam, I'm rebuying my physical catalog there and then for the games I rebuy, I'm putting the physical console game in storage now. I had the new Mana game paid off for console. I flipped that preorder into something else and will get that on Steam as well.

O³ (O cubed)

Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Sony stan’s talmbout how the games won’t sell on xbox, when the only reason we are even talking about xbox is cause them shyts ain’t sell on playstation :mjlol:

4 flops in a fukkin row.

Why don’t PS5 owners buy games???:usure:

Square on life support for fighting the console war on sony behalf and all these goofballs can say is “more warzzzz”

nikkas crazy :wow:
Maybe people aren't into Square's games like that. I bought Forspoken and I'm not into Final Fantasy like that. The audience for those games has diminished.

What was the last Square title that sold upwards of 5 million copies?

Helldivers 2 sold about 5-6 million copies on PlayStation. Stellar Blade must've sold at least 2-3 million and that's a new IP.

But console wars.

O³ (O cubed)

Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I made that switch in January when Microsoft had their conference about multiplatform strategy. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is probably the last Square game I get on a console. Currently, I don't plan on buying the next Microsoft or Sony console. What's the point? Everyone is releasing games everywhere, so I'll see what the specs of the new consoles are and then go way beyond that with my next PC purchase.

In addition to buying new games on Steam, I'm rebuying my physical catalog there and then for the games I rebuy, I'm putting the physical console game in storage now. I had the new Mana game paid off for console. I flipped that preorder into something else and will get that on Steam as well.
I said it in another thread, if Sony continues it's focus on PC, PlayStation is a dead brand walking.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I said it in another thread, if Sony continues it's focus on PC, PlayStation is a dead brand walking.
I'm seeing with my kid and his friends is that PC is the way to go for them. The games are the platforms, not the platform themselves. With this era of cross-play that we've lived for years now, the box matters little to a lot of people. Plus, a console will never have as much utility as a PC has. It's no coincidence that Helldivers 2 is the best selling first party Sony game ever now. More platforms will do that for you. I'm sure that my next God of War or Naughty Dog game is going to be purchased on Steam.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Maybe people aren't into Square's games like that. I bought Forspoken and I'm not into Final Fantasy like that. The audience for those games has diminished.

What was the last Square title that sold upwards of 5 million copies?

Helldivers 2 sold about 5-6 million copies on PlayStation. Stellar Blade must've sold at least 2-3 million and that's a new IP.

But console wars.
FF15 sold lots of copies. It’s a combination of square being all over the place with their releases, both creatively and platform wise.

Lots of the audience they built with 15 they threw that shyt in the bushes with an exclusive deal and turning the game into an action movie game.

Splitting FF7 into 3 bloated games and fukking up the story was never a good idea.

Them nikkas need a reset we’ve seen other japanese publishers adapt to the new world. They thought they were gonna ride playstation to success like in the past, and that didn’t work out for them :francis:

O³ (O cubed)

Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
and in other news...

Capcom don't sell games like that anymore. They focus on a small number of IPs and revised their sales targets to more realistic numbers.

Their biggest selling game last year was RE4 remake that sold 7m across 3 platforms.

Sony’s biggest game ever is a PC game :shaq:
:mjlol:

You're funny. That's why I go from serious discourse to fanboyism with you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

O³ (O cubed)

Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
At the moment it's not Sony's biggest selling game. Hit me up when Helldivers passes Spider-Man or God of War 2018.
God of war took over a year to reach 10 million sales.

Helldivers a couple months in already at 12. Once sony starts with the bundles and deals it will easily outsell those games.

Whoever’s making decisions at sony would be a damn fool to not be going all in on a PC strategy right now.

I’m sorry breh, it’s over :mjcry:

O³ (O cubed)

Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
God of war took over a year to reach 10 million sales.

Helldivers a couple months in already at 12. Once sony starts with the bundles and deals it will easily outsell those games.

Whoever’s making decisions at sony would be a damn fool to not be going all in on a PC strategy right now.

I’m sorry breh, it’s over :mjcry:
:mjlol:

Spider-Man 2