Spotting Bad Faith Arguments (Or: @the cac mamba's Playbook)

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
That would imply a humility he doesn't have. The Cac comes off to me as the kind of person who thinks he's smart, but doesn't actually try. That way, whenever he fails or errs in anything in particular, he can always say that it only happened because he didn't try and thus doesn't have to feel insecure about maybe not having been smart enough.

You can tell that he has never, ever educated himself about any political topic, ever. So when he gets in these political arguments, he lets out a Beevis/Butthead laugh and says, "Haha, look at this, I'm going win this argument and I haven't even tried to learning anything." Then when he inevitable comes off worse, as he always does, he just brushes it aside cause he wasn't trying anyway.
i think we mostly agree here except we disagree on motive.... i think @the cac mamba gets entertained by arguing with posters for pages and pages... his arguments never evolve, he never provides evidence, he just throws out insults and then doubles down on the exact same reasoning that is being discredited... he's a troll in every sense of the word, but to be fair, he's an incredibly successful troll... this is why i truly believe he is somewhere with his feet kicked up laughing pale pasty ass off at how he can lure people into these stupid arguments year after year after year.... i almost respect it... :leon:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This exact argument is #1 in the OP, he can't stop fulfilling it. :laff:

He is incapable of making any argument other than a bad faith argument even when he's in the process of being called out for making bad faith arguments. :russ:
:russell: christian babble

you wanna hear a bad faith argument? "i believe jesus listens to my prayers, and intervenes in my life because i'm special, but he couldn't be bothered to do anything about 9/11" :laff:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i think we mostly agree here except we disagree on motive.... i think @the cac mamba gets entertained by arguing with posters for pages and pages... his arguments never evolve, he never provides evidence, he just throws out insults and then doubles down on the exact same reasoning that is being discredited... he's a troll in every sense of the word, but to be fair, he's an incredibly successful troll... this is why i truly believe he is somewhere with his feet kicked up laughing pale pasty ass off at how he can lure people into these stupid arguments year after year after year.... i almost respect it... :leon:

What an embarrassing existence though. He bragged about his SAT scores just the other day, but all he can figure to do with his life is waste time on the internet....out of the joy in wasting other people's time too?

He strikes me as the sort of person who comes home from a job he doesn't give a shyt about, logs on the internet to relax, does a bunch of shyt online that he won't even care about the next day, and then goes to sleep so he can wake up for work again. On the weekends he probably changes it up by drinking and getting laid if he's lucky. And that's his entire contribution to existence. Why would you even go on if that was all you had to get out of life?

I disagree with you though, at least from my read on him, he believes it the overall "rightness" of everything he says. He enjoys trolling but he also thinks he's correct. Like, somewhere deep in his brain he might be aware that he doesn't know the facts very well and makes a lot of mistakes in arguments, but he really believes his overall point is still right and his lack of substance or frequent errors don't change the fact that he's still right about everything and doesn't need to learn anything more.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I disagree with you though, at least from my read on him, he believes it the overall "rightness" of everything he says. He enjoys trolling but he also thinks he's correct. Like, somewhere deep in his brain he might be aware that he doesn't know the facts very well and makes a lot of mistakes in arguments, but he really believes his overall point is still right and his lack of substance or frequent errors don't change the fact that he's still right about everything and doesn't need to learn anything more.

He uses the Trumpian tactic of talking as if you already agree with him. As if everything he says is so obviously, self-evidently true that you'd have to be dishonest to disagree with his fundamental point.

Even if you can successfully shoot down his weaker arguments, his tone is basically "come on, I know you know what I'm talking about." Like no, dumbass, your fundamental assertion is horseshït and you're not being clever about hiding it. :mjlol:

Daps
He uses the Trumpian tactic of talking as if you already agree with him. As if everything he says is so obviously, self-evidently true that you'd have to be dishonest to disagree with his fundamental point.

Even if you can successfully shoot down his weaker arguments, his tone is basically "come on, I know you know what I'm talking about." Like no, dumbass, your fundamental assertion is horseshït and you're not being clever about hiding it. :mjlol:

It’s that and the subtle shifts away from his original point when he get cornered over to a different but related topic, and he acts like you’ve been debating that topic the entire time.