Spotify Is Worth More Than The U.S Recording Industry At $8 Billion

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:wtf: what the actual fukk!?!

He ain't lying :francis:. This shyt going to come to a halt soon though and I wonder what the windfall in Silicon Valley's going to look like. Ya'll should watch Shark Tank, it's almost as if, if you graduate from Stanford and start your own "startup" somebody's going to give you $1 million dollar valuation off GP. shyt doesn't make any sense.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
He ain't lying :francis:. This shyt going to come to a halt soon though and I wonder what the windfall in Silicon Valley's going to look like. Ya'll should watch Shark Tank, it's almost as if, if you graduate from Stanford and start your own "startup" somebody's going to give you $1 million dollar valuation off GP. shyt doesn't make any sense.
I might as well :cook::eat: while the sun is still shining. Finna change my major. Hello money:jawalrus:

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
I paid my bills online and forgot to keep 10.00 on for my spotify bill this month.I thought they was going to cut me off but they just keep sending me "something went wrong" messages. I guess they are going to charge me 20.00 next month.

:blessed:

Thank you Spotify for understanding.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This tech bubble really is something else. How is an industry app going to be worth more than the entire industry? :dahell:
Even as a tech guy i think this shyt gonna fall sooner or later. The example used earlier is the perfect example. Snapchat worth more than Sony but Snapchat brings little to the table while Sony has multiple departments :francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Even as a tech guy i think this shyt gonna fall sooner or later. The example used earlier is the perfect example. Snapchat worth more than Sony but Snapchat brings little to the table while Sony has multiple departments :francis:

Yup, I`m in Tech and said the same thing and dudes were saying I was hating. Majority of these App companies do not have profitable business models, literally they are getting their valuation from the amount of users they have, and when the company goes public they end up inserting a ton of ads and cheesy things to make some money to keep shareholders happy but in the end they end up screwing over the users who end up bouncing. Look at Facebook and all the failures they have when they try to do something to make money. The key in the industry is make something thats trendy get bought out then use that money to relax and chill or build something real that is sustainable long term. IMO Snapchat dude should have sold the company for 3 Bill that Facebook offered,then turned around and started something real that he could run long term and actually employ people, at least thats what I would have done.

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
I pay $5 a month for spotify, I can download all the albums I want at 320KBPS quality, you have to be truly a broke fukk boi to be too cheap to pay for that kind of service

Wait you can download the albums? But only access them through Spotify right?