Spoiler: Thanos the greatest villain of all time cuz...

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I dont hate him and I think that's what makes a villain so great

if you hate the villain (Joffrey or that sicko Ramsey from GOT), you hate them and want them dead, and it's not enjoyable. Like, you HATE them

With Thanos, it's like, he's the bad guy but you understand him. You don't root for him cause he's about to wipe out half the universe, but you understand and see that there's more than one side of him

and then when he wins, it's like :ohhh: :picard: :wow:

I mean theres so many levels to this stuff, breh. Mark my words, folks are going to be analyzing this movie for a long time, cause I don't think any movie successfully made you UNDERSTAND the villain, where you know he's the villain, but you halfway like him, and then he wins, and then it's the end of the movie.

I don't think that has ever happened before

I hope I'm making sense. But the writers and directors really made a movie about a Villain, and in a way, he was the Hero.

still can't get over that "Thanos will return" :wow:
Speak for yourself nikka I thoroughly enjoyed joffrey and Ramsay getting murked

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Killing half the entire Universe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Threatening to kill 22 (or less) people split between 2 boats

:lolbron:

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I still don’t understand why he wanted to do what he did:yeshrug:

He doesn’t want to be king of the universe

Is it retribution?

Yeah, that was a plot hole. he kept talking about the universe needing cleansing, but they should've went more into in regards to his motivations.

1st response..... you're not supposed to understand because his truth and like he said "he's the only one that knows what he knows"

2nd response.... no they didnt need to do that. As much as I love to have this movie go on another 30 mins. They need to make some people happy and not serve that "spoon fed drizel"

Plus to both responses.... its a reason he is a label as "The Mad Titan" when it all comes down to it, he's insane. Most cases insane people dont know they are insane and by that, they are the most dangerous people out there because they find validation in their goals or think the are just

Martha

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
1st response..... you're not supposed to understand because his truth and like he said "he's the only one that knows what he knows"

2nd response.... no they didnt need to do that. As much as I love to have this movie go on another 30 mins. They need to make some people happy and not serve that "spoon fed drizel"

Plus to both responses.... its a reason he is a label as "The Mad Titan" when it all comes down to it, he's insane. Most cases insane people dont know they are insane and by that, they are the most dangerous people out there because they find validation in their goals or think the are just

Martha
You don't need another 30 minutes to explain motivations. :gucci:

Just fix the dialogue, add to the character, maybe add a scene.

And Thanos is a sociopath; not insane.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
In the comic he's in love with Death and wanted to impress her

In the film they changed it to where he's obsessed with everything being "in balance" and basically feels like the universe is out of balance and struggling because there's just too much life. He explains it when he's telling Gamora about her home planet and what happened to it after he killed everyone.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Even Vadar aint fukkin with Thanos.
294qkh1.gif

wat6rr.jpg

Daps
Before the snap, he didnt do more damage then any other Marvel villian:manny:
Which sucks because eveything he did gonna be negated in the next movie :mjlol:

:dwillhuh: he literally snapped Loki neck like a twig

He singlehandedly made the Asguardians extinct :dwillhuh:

He killed everybody at Knowhere :dwillhuh:

They hint that he killed everybody on Xandar :dwillhuh:

He killed Vision like it was nothing and flung his corpse like he was a 2 bit hoe :dwillhuh:

He stabbed Tony Stark in the stomach and then sonned him by caressing the back of his head :dwillhuh:

He sonned Scarlet Witch the same way, caressing her head and calling her child after she made the greatest sacrifice of her life only to completely undo it and then commit one of the most disrespectful murders in comic book movie history :dwillhuh:

This dude was bathing star ways in blood :dwillhuh:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
:dwillhuh: he literally snapped Loki neck like a twig

He singlehandedly made the Asguardians extinct :dwillhuh:

He killed everybody at Knowhere :dwillhuh:

They hint that he killed everybody on Xandar :dwillhuh:

He killed Vision like it was nothing and flung his corpse like he was a 2 bit hoe :dwillhuh:

He stabbed Tony Stark in the stomach and then sonned him by caressing the back of his head :dwillhuh:

He sonned Scarlet Witch the same way, caressing her head and calling her child after she made the greatest sacrifice of her life only to completely undo it and then commit one of the most disrespectful murders in comic book movie history :dwillhuh:

This dude was bathing star ways in blood :dwillhuh:
He only killed half of the Asgardians. Marjority of that happened off screen so its kinda meh. As for sonning Tony, Cap did that before :pachaha: Vision was a cripple at that point but I will give you SW.
Idk man, all this talk of characters dying and I kinda wish it was him instead of it happening by a plot device.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Thanos was fukkin ruthless. Best adaption marvel ever did.

The way he fukked gamora with the reality stone....

Or told nebula to her face she was a waste of parts...

The sonning of scarlet witch was worst.

I did notice that every character basically made a choice for ONE life vs 1/2 of existance by trading a stone for a life.

Strange for tony. Wanda for vision. Loki for thor. Quill for gamora.

Only one who didnt was THANOS. Thats why hes a great villain. Bushed gamoras ass and still smiled after seeing lil gamora.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
He's up there.

They built him up for like 7 movies (not counting the MCU movies that made 0 mention of him) and he absolutely overdelivered. They set up multiple plotlines to take him down (Thor's new hammer/the trap on TItan/keeping Vision in Wakanda and extracting+destroying the stone) and he beat them one by one.

The only villain I can think of who comes close (in achievements) is the Emperor from Star Wars :yeshrug:

Acting/storywise we've got the Joker, Killmonger, Vader who wreck scenes etc but Thanos and The Emperor are, imo, on different levels.