Spin off of a spin off... post an opinion that might get you negged...

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
60 Million PS4 Shipped by Sony by March 31st, 2017; Predicts 78 Million Units by March 2018
ps4 predicted to be at 80+ million sold by next year :blessed:

maybe next gen you pc gamers dream of no more consoles will come true :umad:

Uncharted: Lost Legacy coming soon
TLOU2 coming soon
Spiderman coming soon
God of War coming soon
Days Gone coming soon
Bro I'm not a PC gamer. I own a MacBook Pro :heh: Your boy's been a console gamer since the SNES.

To understand the decline of console gaming, you have to look at all console sales combined. The truth of the matter is when you look at the long term market numbers, consoles sales are in decline across the board. The PS4 MIGHT pass the PS3's total sales since MS dropped the ball this gen, but they won't match the PS2 numbers. The Xbox One and Wii U obviously won't reach the tally their predecessors hit. This is bad for everyone.
How is this fact? You can argue that the AAA model will cause more Indies, but there will always be good and bad developers

I wasn't even referring to to the AAA development issues, I was speaking simply in regards to console sales, the ultimate indicator of the market's current state. The market is shrinking across the board.

128 million console gamers set to leave the market | finder.com.au
fukkin NEGGED FOR THE MAJORAS MASK SLANDER!!!:pacspit:
That 3 day mechanic was booty, man. Game felt so uninspired compared to OoT.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The Last Of Us is one of the most overrated games of all time. It would be better off as a movie.

And to be real...you can apply that to most of Naughty Dog's output of the last few years

They say they've outgrown Crash but I'll play that trilogy all day over Uncharted/TLOU

Last edited:

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Bro I'm not a PC gamer. I own a MacBook Pro :heh: Your boy's been a console gamer since the SNES.

To understand the decline of console gaming, you have to look at all console sales combined. The truth of the matter is when you look at the long term market numbers, consoles sales are in decline across the board. The PS4 MIGHT pass the PS3's total sales since MS dropped the ball this gen, but they won't match the PS2 numbers. The Xbox One and Wii U obviously won't reach the tally their predecessors hit. This is bad for everyone.

I wasn't even referring to to the AAA development issues, I was speaking simply in regards to console sales, the ultimate indicator of the market's current state. The market is shrinking across the board.

128 million console gamers set to leave the market | finder.com.au

That 3 day mechanic was booty, man. Game felt so uninspired compared to OoT.

MIGHT pass ps3?

ps3 is sitting at 80 some million after 11 years and will be passed next year by the ps4 after 5 :mjlol:

and as for the ps2? ps4 already tracking better

link to some bullshyt site called finder.au.com :mjlol:

if total console sales are down that fault lies entirely with that fad ass wii console that casual gamers now mobile gamers bought

seventh gen
ps2 150 million
xbox 20 million
gamecube 20 million

this gen
ps4 tracking better than ps2
xbox one already outsold og xbox in less time
wii u/switch gonna outsell gamecube

if 7th gen didn't bring about the end of console gaming what makes you think this gen will :heh:

tell you and your pc gamer buddies to keep praying for that Vanquish port console gamers winning :umad:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bump.

Console gaming isn't dying.
Seems like a controversial statement after so many high profile failures recently, but the figures, especially today's figures from Sony really prove otherwise.

I did a little comparison in the other thread between the peak year of the PS2 vs this year's forecast for the PS4, here's how it breaks down.

PS2 FY 2002
Unit sales - 22.5m (production shipments)
Revenue - ¥955bn
Operating profit - ¥112bn

The sales and profit figures also include some legacy PS1 sales which pad them out a bit.

This year's PS4 forecast:

PS4 FY2017 Forecast
Unit sales - 19m
Revenue - ¥2,000bn
Operating profit - ¥180bn

In a like for like comparison we can see that the PS4 by itself (what's a Vita?) is making double the revenue of the PS2/PS1 and 60% more profit as well. Despite overall lower unit sales for the year.

How is this possible? Network sales. PSN is an absolute fukking monster division now, the new head of SIE (John Kodera) has quietly built one of the most profitable web platforms in the world. YTD network services accounts for 56% of all revenue within the division, it makes more money for Sony than hardware and packaged software combined, network services income is growing at a rate of 43% YoY. Packaged software and packaged software licence income fell YoY by 10%. What most people see is the latter story, that packaged software sales are dropping at an alarming rate and assume that consoles are slowly dying. We can, IMO, conclusively say that this is not the case. The model has just changed from packaged retail software to premium subscription services, DLC, GaaS and other forms of network engagement.

Once we add in Nintendo's success with the Switch, I think we can now say that console gaming is the most successful it has ever been.

Console gaming is more successful than ever before - the PS4/Switch give us proof

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Inspired by the booth and film room, post a unpopular opinion on video games that you might get negged for :mjgrin:

I'll start, RPG games suck ass and I'd much rather play almost any other genre :hamster:

Uncharted is better than Last of Us, much more fun :hubie:

Most games that come out now aren't very good, I'd prefer to play a Genesis game or PS1 game or something; most games today are just :skip:
Post an opinion that'll get you banned brehs

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Street Fighter 5 is trash, scrub friendly and boring as hell.

If you worry about trophy hunting / achievement hunting you're not really a gamer.

Nintendo is trash and way behind

GTA VC>SA

Last edited:

Thoughtspeak

Joke ting blood
Daps
Reppin
London under protest
In general? Trap music is definitive proof that literacy levels among black American youth are hitting all time lows. Motherfukkers don't like lyrics no more because they barely know how to string a sentence together.

Gaming? Microsoft has failed utterly in its reasoning for becoming a console manufacturer and Xbox basically only still exists due to the fact that it's the best of a bunch of non-office/Windows failures.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Anything I say gets that reaction :manny:

With Kinect supposedly being discontinued then why did they release Disney land adventures and that other Kinect game today? (Tru Story)

Because Kinect ain't dead yet :umad:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
New Game+ and Achievement/Trophy Hunting is pretty lame. I think playing something once is good enough.

PC gaming is straight, but the obsession over graphics is a bit too excess(borderline dikk jerking). Graphics are cool and all, but I prefer gameplay over anything else. and I love how of some PC crowd pushes the whole "Console is Dying " narrative, Console is still making money til this day and non-mainline games are still being kept on console or being ported a slow rate.

People are way less critical of Nintendo's business practices, than other companies. and Nintendo really be on some shyt

SFV is stale af competitively, I can't see how anyone can play the game and/or watch tournaments willfully. Melee is way more fun to watch.

Mass Effect 1 storywise is great, but I definitely wouldn't play thru it and skip to 2 and 3. It didn't age well at all.

• Dap
Reactions: 85

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
  • Most of the highly acclaimed Sony exclusives are extremely similar to the point that the biggest stans suppress that fact because it challenges their main debate point.
  • DLC content, Lootboxes & pay-to-play are just trendy topics to be upset about. Sheep shyt almost where if others weren't expressing outrage about it, most people wouldn't either.
  • EA is actually a good company in 2017.
  • Spiderman is in serious danger of looking like an aesthetically magnificent boring fukking game.
  • KB/M users build their pride on a house of cards; since controllers are more of a challenge, much like the NBA 3 pt line is compared to Euroball, than who shows the most raw skill if they can beast with a controller versus KB/M? Controller players.
  • The worse thing about NBA2k18 is it's one of the best 2k's yet the attention to MyPlayer is tragic. The disrespect and lack of attention to classic head2head online is blasphemous.
  • If you aren't playing search & destroy or any other shooter w/ a "one life" mode, you aren't REAL in regards to FPS .

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
  • Most of the highly acclaimed Sony exclusives are extremely similar to the point that the biggest stans suppress that fact because it challenges their main debate point.
  • DLC content, Lootboxes & pay-to-play are just trendy topics to be upset about. Sheep shyt almost where if others weren't expressing outrage about it, most people wouldn't either.
  • Spiderman is in serious danger of looking like an aesthetically magnificent boring fukking game.
  • KB/M users build their pride on a house of cards; since controllers are more of a challenge, much like the NBA 3 pt line is compared to Euroball, than who shows the most raw skill if they can beast with a controller versus KB/M? Controller players.
  • The worse thing about NBA2k18 is it's one of the best 2k's yet the attention to MyPlayer is tragic. The disrespect and lack of attention to classic head2head online is blasphemous.
  • If you aren't playing search & destroy or any other shooter w/ a "one life" mode, you aren't REAL in regards to FPS .
:gucci: you didn't see how they just bushed the star wars game and the dead space studio?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what:
You obviously never played em so that's why you'd say something like that.

How is GT Sport similar to Horizon Zero dawn? How is Horizon Zero dawn similar to Gravity Rush 2? How is Uncharted 4 similar to Horizon? The only link between some of the big games is they look graphically insane and have very good cinematography but gameplay wise they're all very different. Even TLOU plays/feels different from Uncharted. Bloodborne? Ratchet and Clank? The Last Guardian? Infamous?

None of them are extremely similar at all. Again, the cinematic look is the only thing linking them together.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Anything I say gets that reaction :manny:

With Kinect supposedly being discontinued then why did they release Disney land adventures and that other Kinect game today? (Tru Story)

Because Kinect ain't dead yet :umad:
They still release new VITA games.:manny: Kinect is dead. Microsoft already said so themselves. You're going to down with that ship completely alone.