Spin from the Booth; post an opinion that might get you negged

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We were all:gladbron::mjcry: because it was a once in a lifetime wave of emotion that we'll probably never feel again, and the tension and excitement in that theatre couldn't be contained

But sit down and watch Avengers right now

It's pretty bad

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Christopher Nolan is a HORRIBLE director...all of his films are littered with things that if you put in your movie you couldn't pass film school...

The more I watch The Dark Knight...the more sad I am that Heath is dead because he CARRIED that entire movie...

Pain and Gain is a cult classic and if anyone else other than Bay directed it virtually everyone would view it as such...

Primer is probably the single greatest movie of all time when you factor in budget, actors, concept, and story telling...
:russ: at Nolan.

Nolan is very good at visuals and using them to distract from the non sensical shyt he does

Right when start to go ".......:gucci:" a cool shot/scene pops up

Pain and Gain is very underrated

:dwillhuh:what is Primer?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
We were all:gladbron::mjcry: because it was a once in a lifetime wave of emotion that we'll probably never feel again, and the tension and excitement in that theatre couldn't be contained

But sit down and watch Avengers right now

It's pretty bad

Eh, Still probably the greatest 3rd act in comic book movie history.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Luke Cage on netflix was not only overrated, but it was lightweight wack. I understand the desire to see more black heroes, but the show was corny :yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If you in the Film Room claiming to be a film fan but wouldn't be caught dead giving arthouse/non-mainstream/old black & white movies a chance, you're not a film fan, you're just a pop culture aficionado and you need to fall the fukk back when grown folks is discussing cinema! The same goes for folks who only watch American-produced animated movies and wouldn't be caught dead watching an anime movie!

Adding to that, if you're in the Film Room and you refer to or post what some some piece-of-shyt blogger/vlogger/podcast/youtube reviewer thinks regularly, you relinquish all rights to ever complain about the lack of media professionalism. Because you are to blame for that giving attention to all these fukking nobodies who know fukking nothing, only produce clickbait and wouldn't be taken seriously at a serious media outlet.

Nobody has more uninteresting generic non-opinions like @MartyMcFly has. His entire posting career in the Film Room is basically a gigantic refusal to have an outspoken opinion on anything, except for when he shamelessly stans certain filmmakers/franchises while pretending to be neutral out of some misguided sense to be taken "serious". Only seems to be popular because most people fail to understand that just because you hold a lot of opinions, doesn't automatically mean you have an interesting insight in anything, which sums up most of the Film Room in general.

tl;dr version:

:ducreux:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you in the Film Room claiming to be a film fan but wouldn't be caught dead giving arthouse/non-mainstream/old black & white movies a chance, you're not a film fan, you're just a pop culture aficionado and you need to fall the fukk back when grown folks is discussing cinema! The same goes for folks who only watch American-produced animated movies and wouldn't be caught dead watching an anime movie!

Adding to that, if you're in the Film Room and you refer to or post what some some piece-of-shyt blogger/vlogger/podcast/youtube reviewer thinks regularly, you relinquish all rights to ever complain about the lack of media professionalism. Because you are to blame for that giving attention to all these fukking nobodies who know fukking nothing, only produce clickbait and wouldn't be taken seriously at a serious media outlet.

Nobody has more uninteresting generic non-opinions like @MartyMcFly has. His entire posting career in the Film Room is basically a gigantic refusal to have an outspoken opinion on anything, except for when he shamelessly stans certain filmmakers/franchises while pretending to be neutral out of some misguided sense to be taken "serious". Only seems to be popular because most people fail to understand that just because you hold a lot of opinions, doesn't automatically mean you have an interesting insight in anything, which sums up most of the Film Room in general.

tl;dr version:

:ducreux:
:russ: Never change

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've got a couple more...

The final Obi-Wan/Anakin duel was mostly trash. It was too overchoreographed and video-gamey. The prequel fights in general had this problem.

Having Yoda fight dilutes the whole point of his character. He's the zen master, he doesn't need a lightsaber and should be above fighting. Yoda is the character should be able to walk into the room and instantly mindwipe everyone in two seconds like Professor X. Speaking of whom...

A lot of cats romanticize the 90's just because the cartoon was hot, but realistically, The late 70's through the early 80's were the true golden age of X-men. (Cockrum/Claremont/Byrne up until Paul Smith quit.)
That's where the bulk of the legendary stories took place. Days of Future Past, the Dark Phoenix Saga, Proteus, God Loves Man Kills, the Brood Saga, Wolverine in Japan, etc. :wow:

I was never fan of Family Guy. The Simpsons in their prime (the first 8-9 seasons) >>>>>>>>

I don't care for Deadpool. I can see the appeal, but he just doesn't do much for me. I feel like the whole anti-hero wave is played out in general. It works for a few certain characters (Wolverine, Punisher), but not everyone needs to be gritty and dark. Writers these days want to turn every series into Watchmen so badly.

Pixar's lowkey gotten :flabbynsick: recently. Toy Story 3 was their last building-crusher.

I liked the Temple of Doom. Short Round :myman:

Finally... There's one thing they need to bring back with comic book characters... having designs and names that tell who the character is and what they do, or at the very least, help you pick that character out of a group.

For example: If you asked any seven-year-old "which one of these characters is the Human Torch? Which one of these is the Thing?" It wouldn't be that hard to figure out who's who from this group.. You can also clearly tell what their powers are based on either their name or design, and you can pretty easily tell someone why Mr. Fantastic is named as such. Same thing for the Invisible Woman, the Thing, and the Human Torch.

images

Now ask a seven-year-old who's never read the comics which one of these characters is Bishop. Ask them why they think that character is called Bishop.

ccd0893b250974e706938d722d65ddb3.jpg

They'll just be sitting there with the :gucci: face. As much as I'm all for black people shining (T'challa :blessed: ), Bishop's name and design don't tell you anything about who he is or what he does.

Last edited: