Spike TV: Andre Berto/Josesito Lopez & Shawn Porter/Roberto Garcia 3/13 9pm est...

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Mayfield has power if he woulda landed them shots Bone did StruggleTime would a been left slumped
Yep, dude can crack with his K9 school of boxing ass self.

Cats forget, he dropped Taylor before Broner did it.

He has decent power at 140.....Porter would be by FAR the largest man he has ever faced and y'all don't know if Mayfield power would even make it up to 147.

Kell Brook is a legit sized Welterweight, has more power than Mayfield with a better KO ratio, landed flush multiple times on Showtime............. and nothing happened:mjpls:

Let's not forget, Porter moved DOWN to Welterweight, not up like most.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He has decent power at 140.....Porter would be by FAR the largest man he has ever faced and y'all don't know if Mayfield power would even make it up to 147.

Kell Brook is a legit sized Welterweight, has more power than Mayfield with a better KO ratio, landed flush multiple times on Showtime............. and nothing happened:mjpls:

Nothing Happened :mjlol:

Struggletime ate clean shots N proceeded to stumble around into turnbuckles or the ropes :heh:

Or the nikka would get hurt...immediately hug Special K N look like this flailing away in the clinch :scusthov:
tumblr_nbk511gjmR1threnmo1_400.gif

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Struggletime ate clean shots N proceeded to stumble around into turnbuckles or the ropes :heh:

Or the nikka would get hurt...immediately hug Special K N look like this flailing away in the clinch :scusthov:

My thing is this, if Kell Brook couldn't slump him, a blown up junior welterweight with LESS power would have?:mjpls:

That's what you said, "if Mayfield landed the shots Bone did, Showtime would've been slumped"....but the bigger, stronger, more power having natural welterweight in Brook couldn't even after landing clean flush power shots, so I know Mayfield wouldn't have had nothing for us.

:mjlol: at a blown up 140 fighter KO'ing The Ohio Powerhouse, a huge welterweight at 147. Nah breh:umad:

KingJudah

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tilden
Entertaining night of boxing...and I wasn't expecting it to be so great. Bone came to fight. Agree if he had some money invested in him and not given opponents of Porter's quality so soon anymore he could be something.
Porter continues to be a struggle for me to watch though. His rough house tactics and all that punching in the back and behind his opponents head. :childplease: But something about seeing him recklessly jump in and either he gets caught with something huge or he connects with something huge is entertaining.
Jack Reiss annoys me as a ref. He spends half the round lecturing fighters and getting too involved. :stopitslime:

I don't care that Arreola and Harper were out of shape. That fight was entertaining as heck.

And Berto showed nothing and landed a good combo and had the fight in the bag after that. Lopez was ripping to the body, I thought he might drop Berto...Berto is pretty durable. I actually didn't mind the stoppage, but at least felt he should have gotten a count. It appeared like any punch Berto threw was knocking Lopez down at that point.

These were entertaining fights brehs...I can dig outings like this. :myman:
Arthur Mercante Jr the only ref that does that shyt more than Jack Reiss

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Let's keep it real breh. Brook was not throwing bombs in that fight. He boxed and focused on clean accurate shots. He wasn't sitting down on his punches like that and he was still able to rock Porter a couple of times.

Mayfield throws bombs with everything behind them. He would have definitely loaded up against Porter because that's his mentality. Just like Thurman, Swift, and Chino would have.

Brook fought smart. He could have definitely hurt Porter if he tried, but he was winning without doing so.

I'd still favor Porter over Mayfield, but Mayfield is definitely a better opponent than Bone who ended up being decent and landing some bombs of his own.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Let's keep it real breh. Brook was not throwing bombs in that fight. He boxed and focused on clean accurate shots. He wasn't sitting down on his punches like that and he was still able to rock Porter a couple of times.

Mayfield throws bombs with everything behind them. He would have definitely loaded up against Porter because that's his mentality. Just like Thurman, Swift, and Chino would have.

Brook fought smart. He could have definitely hurt Porter if he tried, but he was winning without doing so.

I'd still favor Porter over Mayfield, but Mayfield is definitely a better opponent than Bone who ended up being decent and landing some bombs of his own.

Being a better opponent? I agree with. Mayfield dropping or slumping Porter? I can't see it breh:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Being a better opponent? I agree with. Mayfield dropping or slumping Porter? I can't see it breh:manny:

Yeah I don't think Mayfield drops or KO's Porter, but I do believe he can hurt him. What happens after that who knows...

Porter is like the more refined version of Mayfield, and I doubt he would have lost to someone of Taylor's caliber either.