Spike Lee's Da 5 Bloods (Official Thread)

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I must be in the minority because I’m not a big fan of this movie. :hubie:
Yeah, it was pretty bad. I held out longer then the rest of the fam :yeshrug:

Gave up when

****Spoilers******

Dude stops to take a shyt and finds the treasure. Thats some "And then he woke up and it was all a dream" level storytelling :mjlol:

Silent_H

Banned
Daps
No problem with the grenade moment...just dont think he needed to yell out grenade. Should have just had him do it
Probably a reflex. They all had PTSD to a certain extent, as seen at the beginning when the one legged kid threw the firecracker and they all hit the deck. Being back in Vietnam 50 years later allowed the muscle memory to bubble up to the surface.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Probably a reflex. They all had PTSD to a certain extent, as seen at the beginning when the one legged kid threw the firecracker and they all hit the deck. Being back in Vietnam 50 years later allowed the muscle memory to bubble up to the surface.
On the rewatch I'll say the bigger issue (or maybe not)
was the grenade even close enough to Otis to seriously hurt him? Seemed like he rolled it right at Melvin.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
delroy actually feels like the character written for the movie while denzel feels like denzel in whatever scenario the movie calls for if that makes sense
I feel it what you’re saying about Denzel, it’s like his own lil style to whomever he’s portraying & Delroy loses himself becoming a different persona

No knock against Denzel though yall :hubie:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Me and my 13 year old watched this last night
Didn’t even feel like 2.5 hours :ohlawd:

Spoilers

:ooh: That intro I always seen that pic of that protesters getting shot never seen the video

that nikka was really leaking :damn:

Delroy was god tier

You know the land mine was coming but it still had me on the edge of my seat

Thankfully no gay shyt was shoe horned in the movie

:salute: Netflix and spike

It ain’t no thing blood :sadbron:

when old boy hit the shiettttttt I wish I was in theaters when that happened :krs::myman:

I bet the crowd would have went wild

The symbolism from the maga hat to the jays to throwback pics and audio and video :wow:

I love black movies with soul all those men remind me of my ogs

:wow:

10/10

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
@Rhakim and all the brehs who seen The Emperor Jones

Delroy Lindo's walk through the jungle scene gave me the same vibes/awe of Paul Robeson in The Emperor Jones at the end. :wow::wow::wow:

I timestamped for the brehs who want to see (just the last 10 to 15 mins)

Yeah, can definitely see that. Now I gotta go back and watch The Emperor Jones again. Haven't seen it in years.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I enjoyed the movie. Not up there with some of Spike's greats but solid nonetheless.

The most common beef I've seen was the use of Chadwick Boseman/the use of older actors. Seeing him in the helicopter with the old heads threw me off at first, but I actually enjoyed the way they casted and wrote those characters in.

I read this article yesterday about a guy who was traveling in Thailand and ended up being Chadwick's stand-in: I was traveling in Thailand and got cast in Spike Lee's new movie 'Da 5 Bloods'

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, can definitely see that. Now I gotta go back and watch The Emperor Jones again. Haven't seen it in years.
Yea
losing his mind
Talking to himself/breaking the 4th wall
Seeing visions of his old friend
Getting killed at the end

Speaking of which...I'd be down for an Emperor Jones remake :ehh: