Spike Lee really did a shytty job with Miracle at St. Anna

Superstar
Daps
I remember being let do at the plot.

But hold on yall brehs don't rate Derek Luke acting?:patrice:

Wasn't it they came across some loot and they stole it or some shjt?

I was like why they couldn't just be heroes?

Why can't black soldiers get they Band of Brothers?

There’s dozen that came out of the roll up of Italy, and the end of the Normandy campaign beyond.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Did the best he could with the cast he had. They couldn't level up.

:manny:
I always assumed it was the budget that was the issue. Movie was good for a war film by Spike Lee. Dude is really a street level movie maker. That's why Malcolm X film was so good. It was basically a film a college kid at film school could do.

If Spike Lee does a Jean-Michel Basquiat bio pic it would be better than Malcolm X. It'd tailor made for his artistry. That and his musical preferences.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I always assumed it was the budget that was the issue. Movie was good for a war film by Spike Lee. Dude is really a street level movie maker. That's why Malcolm X film was so good. It was basically a film a college kid at film school could do.

If Spike Lee does a Jean-Michel Basquiat bio pic it would be better than Malcolm X. It'd tailor made for his artistry. That and his musical preferences.
Bruh 1992 Spike Lee is loooong gone:huhldup:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
That's not a blasphemous statement these days. He's mos def past his prime
I kinda have to agree. The Black Klansman seemed like a great idea and some straight up Spike Lee shyt but the end result was "meh", but I can imagine what mid 90s Spike would do with that movie. He's another one of those 90s militants like Cube that will shut the fukk up once they got over. And I really don't blame them though l.

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ever since the 2000s, apart from inside Man. Spike has just been straight ASS. It's insane how bad he fell off after making this movie. The only decent film he made lately was da 5 bloods and that was still meh. How you literally start as a filmmaker making classics like She’s Gotta Have It, School Daze, Do the Right Thing, Mo’ Better Blues, Jungle Fever , Malcolm X, Crooklyn, Clockers

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ever since the 2000s, apart from inside Man. Spike has just been straight ASS. It's insane how bad he fell off after making this movie. The only decent film he made lately was da 5 bloods and that was still meh. How you literally start as a filmmaker making classics like She’s Gotta Have It, School Daze, Do the Right Thing, Mo’ Better Blues, Jungle Fever , Malcolm X, Crooklyn, Clockers

I enjoyed ‘She Hate Me’