Spike Lee really did a shytty job with Miracle at St. Anna

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Spike has had a consistently escalating heavy handed approach to his films, since The 25th Hour, there's still a lot of good there, but it's obvious, how heavy on the sentiment, you can see in all his work, from that Netflix series, to Da 5 Bloods, (which was really strong, all things considered)

They all have interesting things, including Blakklansman, but like all great directors, they lose steps, they change, they try different things, they age.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
he's terrible at action and military stuff
I never noticed but yea, Spike is beyond horrible at action:hhh:

Dude isn't a versatile director at all. The movies at the beginning of his career (Do the right thing, Malcolm X, etc.) were his best by far of course. But damn he showed how limited he is as a director:snoop:

Last edited:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
It was made to compete with those two films Clint Eastwood made about WW2 (Flags of our Fathers and the one about Iwo Jima)

Spike was pissed at him for not having Black folks in either film. Clint went off on dude and threw in his face the majority black cast for the jazz film, "Bird", if memory serves me correct.

So spike made the Miracle bullshyt movie because he was pissed at Clint.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
It was made to compete with those two films Clint Eastwood made about WW2 (Flags of our Fathers and the one about Iwo Jima)

Spike was pissed at him for not having Black folks in either film. Clint went off on dude and threw in his face the majority black cast for the jazz film, "Bird", if memory serves me correct.

Spike embarrassed the fukk outta himself smh

Dude gets on his high horse waay too much. And from stories people on here have told about meeting him. Spike is a huge a$$hole

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I remember being let do at the plot.

But hold on yall brehs don't rate Derek Luke acting?:patrice:

Wasn't it they came across some loot and they stole it or some shjt?

I was like why they couldn't just be heroes?

Why can't black soldiers get they Band of Brothers?
The fat boy was the only one to survive, the others would be killed in the Massacre of St. ANNA.

Other than the massacre, none of the movie is real but black men did serve in Italy but you know that from watching red tails.

Last edited:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

I mean I dont think Black men were allowed in the Marine Corps during World War 2..So spike angry for no reason ...:patrice:

But you got it right..I remember Spike was pissed and then puts out this shyt :childplease:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
I mean I dont think Black men were allowed in the Marine Corps during World War 2..So spike angry for no reason ...:patrice:

But you got it right..I remember Spike was pissed and then puts out this shyt :childplease:
Dude was All Time annoying during this time. Then he started bytching about Django Unchained too smh

Spike ended up looking pretty pitiful. Instead of focusing on making great films he spent his time bytching about something

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only question now is which is the worse film....Miracle at St Anna or Red Tails???

I gotta go with Red Tails. That shyt was an abomination:scust:
George Lucas directed that movie of course it was horrible
The first Star Wars movie was lightning in a movie

• Haha
Reactions: NZA