BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I gave the movie a C+

Honestly these 2 posts echo my feelings on that movie:manny:

Spike has no understanding of subtlety:francis:

I really wish he would stop cutting to things that bring me out of the movie. Why are you showing a photo of Aretha Franklin after a character says her name? We know what Aretha looks like and even if we didn't you don't stop the movie to show us:what:. The worst was when they mentioned the black Trump supporter and cut to him with that big ass arrow:hhh:

Spike movies tend to have moments where the dialog is referencing current events in a ham fisted manner. Might as well have Keenan pop up
200.gif

That BLM scene was cringey.

Another sloppy moment is Eddie slowly walking backwards. We know he's going to step on a mine:comeon:. That's some bone headed film making to be that predictable.

David randomly finding the gold was handled poorly.

Delroy breaking the 4th wall:snoop:

Movie was way too long. Could have cut this down to 2 hours.

Flaws aside the actors did a great job.

6.5/10

Yo this was not a well put together film :mjtf:

***Spoiler alert*

He couldve just started the movie right before they all met to explain the backstory... felt like he wanted to drop the characters right in the action but then he spends 30 minutes on context. The love story with that Thai hooker was corny. The way they found the gold was cliche as fukk. I knew someone would step on a landmine. Also, how is the sons love interest just walking around looking for landmines? :what:And he completely forgets about her and goes home to his wife?

Did he come to support his father or get in on the take? Film characters shouldnt have ambiguity in their actions

Why did dude jump on a landmine when there was no one in the vicinity.

. Overall, There were too many jarring storytelling elements. None of the other Bloods besides Paul were developed as characters. It was just Paul talking shyt the whole time. No group dynamic.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
The black experience in WW2 is damn near non existent in Cinema. I mean in the last 50 years we had like what? 4-5 movies showcasing the black experience during WW2 with one of them being a soldier story, which wasn't even set in the frontlines. Brad Pitt has been in 3 WW2 movies in the last 15 years - Allied, Fury and Inglorious b*stards. I salute Spike Lee for being one of the most versatile directors and actually taking a chance with black stories no matter what.

I salute that brother :salute:

Last edited:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Spike embarrassed the fukk outta himself smh

Dude gets on his high horse waay too much. And from stories people on here have told about meeting him. Spike is a huge a$$hole
Yeah he comes off like that. Ran across his ass at the Nas concert at the Mezzanine in San Francisco. He looked at us like we had shyt on our faces with his ole simple faced ass

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
The writing was HORRIBLE
shyt was atrocious and the acting was booty cheeks too. Ne-Yo was ridiculous smh
Yeah he comes off like that. Ran across his ass at the Nas concert at the Mezzanine in San Francisco. He looked at us like we had shyt on our faces with his ole simple faced ass
Oh u met him? :mjlol:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
WW1 black soldiers fight with the French
Harlem Hellfighters
A book called “Bloods” about black Vietnam vets
I still want a movie on the Harlem Hellfighters!!! The story of Henry Johnson single handedly fighting back the Germans was crazy

And apparently Sony Pictures purchased the movie rights to the graphic novel

Film adaptation

Sony Pictures has purchased the rights to create a film version of the novel, with Caleeb Pinkett and James Lassiter producing on behalf of Overbrook Entertainment under the leadership of Will Smith.[

91NGefq-NSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Daps
I mean I dont think Black men were allowed in the Marine Corps during World War 2..So spike angry for no reason ...:patrice:

But you got it right..I remember Spike was pissed and then puts out this shyt :childplease:
Black Marines started in 1942. Serving in defense battalions, Depot battalions and ammo companies. Hell even in the corps their story isn’t told they landed first seeing combat in Saipan then carried on the other island hopping campaigns of the war.

they have some incredible stories. They could even talk about the Harlem Hellfighters or the 2nd Ranger Company in Korea the first all black unit to
Make a combat jump and held off a North Korean regiment while only losing 1 man.