Spike Lee really did a shytty job with Miracle at St. Anna

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I just rewatched the movie for the 1st time in a long time and damn...Black World War 2 soldiers deserved way better than this (and Red Tails:hhh:)

What makes it worse is that Inglorious Basterds came out a year later and was muuuuch better. And I never realized that this movie only made $9M and had a $45M budget. Absolutely horrendous:scust:

Spike has had a flat top sooo long it's ridiculous

Superstar
Daps
It felt like a hallmark movie. Italy was some of the bloodiest fighting of the European theater. Any film portraying the Italy roll up, especially involving the Black or Asian Regiments, should be more visceral than “Fury” and “Saving private Ryan” combined.

I didn’t expect much so I wasn’t terribly disappointed. Their stories deserve a lot more.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, It was terrible. Miracle left me blank. I felt like I was waiting for something to join all the way through. I get where it wants to be, but the editing, script, something didn't connect and, terrible cast, horrible acting. One of the worst Spike Lee films.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
What are good war stories about the African American troops.

My dream projects are about regiments that fought in Ethiopia against Italians in World War 2
b9zoo3pxapn71.jpg