Spike Lee gives Bernie Sanders yet another endorsement from the Black community

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Like Michelle Alexander noted of Hillary Clinton: "In her support for the 1994 crime bill, for example, she used racially coded rhetoric to cast black children as animals. "

THAT's the woman you claim has been playing the game for years? Calling Black children animals that need to be brought to heel? That's your queen?

:dahell:

Go ahead, show the Hillary pictures from the last 40 years where she's marching with Black people, getting arrested for Black people, etc.

Show where she's ever put herself on the line for Black people.

I'm not talking about getting their votes for her own ends. I'm talking about being willing to stick up for Black people despite the costs. It ain't in her history.

]Bernie Sanders went to the 40-year-old pictures to prove that he's ALWAYS had these feelings.

Merging with SNCC, leading rallies, leading sit-ins, protesting police brutality, marching on Washington, getting arrested and resisting arrest....and it's no show. He didn't even run for an office until the 1970s and he didn't hold office until 1980, and back in the early 1960s the shyt he was doing would make someone LESS likely to win office, not more.

And it's not like it ended then - that was just the period of arrests. As Ben Jealous points out in his endorsement:

And as Shawn King pointed out in his endorsement:

It ain't like he just did one march and then lost his feelings.
Someone in TLR quoted me and said "my dad used to DJ in the 70s should I hire him for my daughter's sweet 16 party?" When talking about Bernies civil rights activism. This is the average intelligence of every day voters. We're screwed.

Crucial

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hillary supporters getting shut down in this thread.

I don't understand it. Now they trying to spin Bernie's arrest back in the 60's!

Here we have a guy that fought for our rights over 40 years ago when he didn't have to, and y'all are favoring a Goldwater girl over him??!!

The fukking coli, I tell you

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:wtf: you just contradicted yourself. It matters because she's making money off of something that she says she's against. Which TOTALLY contradicts in valid point she made in the matter.

she has no control over super pacs

Super PACs Influential in Midterm Elections
The 2010 midterm elections were the first test of the effects of the Citizens United ruling—and the influence of super PACs. Some $80 million was spent by super PACs during the midterm election cycle. Republican candidates largely reaped the benefits of the PACs' largesse, and Republicans won control of the House. Democrats cried foul, saying the elections were being bought by deep-pocketed individuals and companies and questioned what the donors expected in return for their contribution. But it was not long before Democrats established their own super PACs. In the 2014 midterm campaign, 1,360 Super PACs raisded nearly $700 million, according to OpenSecrets.org.

The already lax rules governing Super PACs are riddled with loopholes. For example, candidates cannot communicate or coordinate with PAC organizers, but they can speak to a group of donors at a fund-raising event and leave the gathering before any planning or coordinating about fundraising occurs.

Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert helped to educate the public about PACs, famously mocking them on his show,The Colbert Report. In fact, he created his own super PAC, Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow, which collected more than $1 million. The PAC ran ads in South Carolina that took aim at Mitt Romney.

Super PACs Explained

BERNIE BERNIE BERNIE

:dead:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
she has no control over super pacs

Super PACs Influential in Midterm Elections

The 2010 midterm elections were the first test of the effects of the Citizens United ruling—and the influence of super PACs. Some $80 million was spent by super PACs during the midterm election cycle. Republican candidates largely reaped the benefits of the PACs' largesse, and Republicans won control of the House. Democrats cried foul, saying the elections were being bought by deep-pocketed individuals and companies and questioned what the donors expected in return for their contribution. But it was not long before Democrats established their own super PACs. In the 2014 midterm campaign, 1,360 Super PACs raisded nearly $700 million, according to OpenSecrets.org.

The already lax rules governing Super PACs are riddled with loopholes. For example, candidates cannot communicate or coordinate with PAC organizers, but they can speak to a group of donors at a fund-raising event and leave the gathering before any planning or coordinating about fundraising occurs.

Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert helped to educate the public about PACs, famously mocking them on his show,The Colbert Report. In fact, he created his own super PAC, Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow, which collected more than $1 million. The PAC ran ads in South Carolina that took aim at Mitt Romney.

Super PACs Explained

BERNIE BERNIE BERNIE

:dead:
jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Moms of Travon Martin, Eric Garner, and Sandra Bland are all out campaigning for Hillary. I surely hope you are not calling these women unintelligent and sheep right? :dahell:

Sorry Ass Bernie supporters :smh:
Arent you supporting Trump? :mjlol:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blow your load on another Ralph Nader and split the most important vote in a generation by someone who isn't even a democrat running for the democratic nomination in a government system that naturally progresses towards a two party system because we lack a parliament, brehs. :snoop:
sorry, he's the most trustworthy candidate :yeshrug:

and for the record, its about half and half with democratic voters :what:

and the repubs dont have one candidate that would soundly win this election :what:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know that Bernie Sanders was once against gay marriage.

He eventually evolved too.
lol @ thinking politicians aren't apt to change because at the end of the day, being elected is their job.

Bernie Sanders Claims He’s a Longtime Champion of Marriage Equality. It’s Just Not True.

To stop being cynical for a minute, human beings change opinions over time. Whether its through sincere reflection or through political calculations, as long as they are working for my interests I'll take it either way :smile:
you're talking to the wrong one. I could careless if he was down with gay marriage in 1952 or 2016. so lets move on to the next topic

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
You have to be incredibly mind numbingly stupid to believe super PACs that spend millions of dollars to get somebody elected into office have no coordination with them...

Seriously fukking stupid to the point I highly recommend you consider suicide to save humanity from your stupidity...

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Or some of us think Hillary would be a better POTUS.

Bernie would get destroyed in a general election. Your naivety is polluting your judgment
Hillary WILL get destroyed in the general because Trump can simply state that he owns her and she can't really say anything. He will says Wall st. OWNS Clinton. What is your rebuttal. Seriously? How can you respond to that? I have no doubt HRC is a champion for women's rights and knows how to work a room. I have no doubt she is deeply connected and tough. I have every doubt she will do what she says she is going to do and not be slapping hands with her friends at GS, BofA and Merrill Lynch on day 1.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
:lolbron:I MIGHT HAVE TO JOIN THE IRONIC BERNIE HATERS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES, BROTHER!

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moms of Travon Martin, Eric Garner, and Sandra Bland are all out campaigning for Hillary. I surely hope you are not calling these women unintelligent and sheep right? :dahell:

Sorry Ass Bernie supporters :smh:

I'm not too familiar with these women, but are you assuming they're intelligent based on the fact that they've lost loved ones? :dwillhuh:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm not too familiar with these women, but are you assuming they're intelligent based on the fact that they've lost loved ones? :dwillhuh:

I'm saying you shouldn't be calling them unintelligent and sheep simply for supporting Hillary Clinton, but it's ok for Eric Garners daughter to support Bernie and she be deemed as intelligent. what don't you understand about that? :what: