Spike Lee Co signs Fat Joe "Black People and Puerto Ricans created one of the great art forms ever! Together! In the bronx! Undisputed!"

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
You really are fukking stupid :laff:

So Asian women aren’t non black women?

So Indigenous women (including some so-called Latinas) aren’t non black women?

You’re trying to tell me I don’t know shyt about the world but you don’t know that there are more than two races of women. :russ:

1. Ducked the question, like a bytch. Who are the founders of hip hop? And are any of them Latino?

2. Dishonest answer. All Latinos are not mixed. We already had this convo. Ricky Martin is mixed? Sofia Vergara is mixed? Canelo Alvarez is mixed? Pablo Escobar was mixed (yeah I went there)?

3. Why do Latinos need to claim to say they were apart of hip hop when black Americans claim it as a black American art form? We know there are Latino rappers, there are artists of every race. So what are Latinos trying to prove by saying “we’re apart of hip hop too” when black Americans claim it as ours?

Miss me with the rest of that bullshyt.

At the end of the day you’re just another naive, weak, emasculated kumbaya ass nikka trying to be everyone’s friend as opposed to doing right by your own.

nikkas like you deserve a bullet in the head.

see the end is where we cannot talk
in no way or form

peace and love

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Long as they don’t come for soul and funk music

They coming for both of those next. All they have to do is find one Puerto Rican that played a tambourine or a Mexican that mopped the floor of the studio where one of the first Funk songs where made.

That's all it takes for them to say... "We were there from the beginning"!

F*ck out of here!!!!

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Honestly, this whole thing started when the fba/ados movement on Twitter happened and the platforms Tariq and Dr Umar started.

There's a lot that goes into what classifies hip hop. The DJs,Graffiti, Rapping, Breakdancing then you get into what Grandmaster Flash contributed, DJ Kool herc etc

When it comes to breakdancing, here's a video of grandmaster Caz saying "latinos changed the fabric of b-boying/breakdancing

@2:30

I know how the opinions on this site will go, It is what it is. But if you not from New York and your family wasn't, shut the fukk up. If we going to start calling anyone after pigme a "guest" then everyone from Grandmaster Flash to kool herc is a guest , and every region from the south/west coast/Midwest are all guest as well.

Hip hop was a art for that represented the environment it came from. Latinos were always present in that environment in NYC and still are in the BRONX. Some of the most I famous Graffiti artist in NYC were Latino as well as DJs and Breakdancers. Also big up to BIG PUN because he's a HIP HOP LEGEND who staked his claim as one of the best rappers of ALL TIME

This is that slick talk.

There's a big difference between being present and being a creator.

Latinos didn't create rapping, didn't create b-boying, didn't create scratching, didn't create dj'ing, etc. Black people did so when you speak about hip hop culture make sure you to say it's black culture.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
This is that slick talk.

There's a big difference between being present and being a creator.

Latinos didn't create rapping, didn't create b-boying, didn't create scratching, didn't create dj'ing, etc. Black people did so when you speak about hip hop culture make sure you to say it's black culture.

Latinos weren't living in the bronx in the 1970s? Puerto Ricans specifically have bee integrated in every low income neighborhoods in NYC since the 1930s

Check the time stamp on the 2nd video with Caz in it. He says Latinos specifically changed the fabric of breakdancing, and even the naysayers from the early 70s say there was at least 1 or 2 latinos that they knew of even though they would dismiss Latinos altogether in the next sentence

This all stems from silly ass twitter and the black vs brown beef that's largely a west coast thing with the Mexicans over there

NY Latinos are a different breed. Ya forget that PR and DR are not only located in the Caribbean but they also part of the West Indies and we have african dna unlike some other Latinos. We grew up in the heart of NYC with black Americans together in every low income neighborhood from Brooklyn to the bronx.

So yes, we were raised in the same environment hip hop gets its inspiration from, you can never take that away

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
You really are fukking stupid :laff:

So Asian women aren’t non black women?

So Indigenous women (including some so-called Latinas) aren’t non black women?

You’re trying to tell me I don’t know shyt about the world but you don’t know that there are more than two races of women. :russ:

1. Ducked the question, like a bytch. Who are the founders of hip hop? And are any of them Latino?

2. Dishonest answer. All Latinos are not mixed. We already had this convo. Ricky Martin is mixed? Sofia Vergara is mixed? Canelo Alvarez is mixed? Pablo Escobar was mixed (yeah I went there)?

3. Why do Latinos need to claim to say they were apart of hip hop when black Americans claim it as a black American art form? We know there are Latino rappers, there are artists of every race. So what are Latinos trying to prove by saying “we’re apart of hip hop too” when black Americans claim it as ours?

Miss me with the rest of that bullshyt.’

At the end of the day you’re just another naive, weak, emasculated kumbaya ass nikka trying to be everyone’s friend as opposed to doing right by your own.

nikkas like you deserve a bullet in the head.

:what: because they were down from day 1

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
So they weren’t calling it jungle music day 1? Could you also provide an answer on what they created in hip hop? Not changing a style of b-boy like actually made.
They can’t, because they’re simple minded.

This would be like the other day when my boy beat his personal record for his bench press in the gym.

And I take credit for it because “I was there when it happened.”

Even if I helped spot him while he did it, his accomplishments aren’t mine and me spotting him isn’t a big deal. Anyone could’ve spotted him.

These “we are the world” are goofy as fukk.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Hip-hop, in all of it's elements, are synthesized from areas and points in time from Congo Square to the Harlem Renaissance onward to a post-CRM identity. Consistent with all this is how ADOS communicated with the drum.

The drum determined the dance. We wasn't dancing to Tito Puente, his drumming ain't the roots of hip-hop. Culturally Latin American drumming, though heavily influenced by the Africans brought there, doesn't have the same feel as ADOS drum traditions that birthed hip-hop. Consequently, it affects how MCs rhyme, that's why Latino rappers sound off-beat.

Hip-hop is ADOS by definition, no debating is changing the proof in its authenticity in all its elements.
If hip-hop came out in the mid-60s, we'd have a clear answer. Them claiming hip-hop is a political agenda. Don't get it twisted.

Last edited:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
They can’t, because they’re simple minded.

This would be like the other day when my boy beat his personal record for his bench press in the gym.

And I take credit for it because “I was there when it happened.”

Even if I helped spot him while he did it, his accomplishments aren’t mine and me spotting him isn’t a big deal. Anyone could’ve spotted him.

These “we are the world” are goofy as fukk.
Starting to think the origins of hip hop are falsified. The big pay back come out ‘73 and James Brown was referencing rap back then he can’t be the first one to know about that back then so yeah lot of fishy shyt going on

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
So they weren’t calling it jungle music day 1? Could you also provide an answer on what they created in hip hop? Not changing a style of b-boy like actually made.

you the one that negged me and put "cringe"

what the fukk kind of wite boy suburban shyt dat dawg?