Spike Lee Co signs Fat Joe "Black People and Puerto Ricans created one of the great art forms ever! Together! In the bronx! Undisputed!"

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The problem with this entire debate is that hip hop isn't some invention that you can see and touch with your hands. You can't trace it back to one person and say he invented hip hop, it took many years and many different contributions before every aspect of what we know today came to fruition. NO ONE "owns" hip hop so there is no ownership.

Hip hop was a CULTURE created in NYC, where blacks and Latinos live side by side. It was a movement and Latinos were very much a part of that movement and always have been from the beginning. No one ever said you couldn't do it without us but to say we weren't always there is disingenuous. You guys are trying to rewrite history while not knowing the fabric of NYC, that's why majority of old NY heads like spike and Caz are telling you radical internet motherfukkers to fall back because ya don't know what you're talking about

Here's Caz addressing it again

Here's the breakfast club Co signing fat joe a well. First few minutes of this video

Don't twist Caz' words. He's talking about PR CONTRIBUTION, not CREATION.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Don't twist Caz' words. He's talking about PR CONTRIBUTION, not CREATION.
Would you say one person created the entire culture of hip hop or did it take multiple people throughout multiple years

If you can't name one person who's solely responsible for everything we all know, you are trying to rewrite history because now you're just talking out your ass. Hip hop is a culture, not a machine you can physically touch.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Would you say one person created the entire culture of hip hop or did it take multiple people throughout multiple years

If you can't name one person who's solely responsible for everything we all know, you are trying to rewrite history because now you're just talking out your ass. Hip hop is a culture, not a machine you can physically touch.
Not wasting time on your nonsense. FBAs created Hip-Hop. All 5 elements. End of discussion.

Last edited:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Not wastig time on your ninsense. FBAs created Hip-Hop. All 5 elements. End of discussion.
End of discussion???
michael-jordan-laughing.gif

If you want to rewrite history, you're going to have to do better than that

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What isn’t worth it? That harmless ass nikka won’t do shyt because he ain’t about shyt.

That’s why he backed down when I accepted his challenge.

Using pictures of myself I posted when I was 16 as an excuse.

Like I said before, I know how to shoot and I know to fight.

@Jim Brown and his fictional Puerto Rican goons won’t do anything to me.
Lemme rephrase. I saw his slick talk about family in Texas. That was clear bullshyt. At that stage he isn't worth any more of your time.

Certain lines you don't cross on a fukking internet forum, but dudes think anonymity makes them invincible.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Lemme rephrase. I saw his slick talk about family in Texas. That was clear bullshyt. At that stage he isn't worth any more of your time.

Certain lines you don't cross on a fukking internet forum, but dudes think anonymity makes them invincible.
You right.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
These shameless nyc brehs selling out their biggest contribution to modern art culture to Ricans merely to fukk ugly Rican women.. :snoop:

Black men failing to keep their dikks in check has far reaching consequences..
What else is new?

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Black American people are the only group of people not expected to claim or protect our culture and our creations.

Hip hop is a BLACK AMERICAN art form. Period.

I’m starting to really disdain these “is it really that big of a deal?” ass nikkas.
I'm saying.
Let black Americans say they created raggae and/or FuFu; all that "it doesn't even matter" talk would be right out the window
:camby:

Black Americans are looked at as something to just leech off of and we better sit there and just take it

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
They're such a big factor we could remove every Hispanic MC from existence and hip hop would still be here unchanged.

Now do the reverse and tell me what you have.

Present and participated yes but don't act like 95% of the work wasn't by black hands.
TF are you talking about? :mjlol:

The debate is, whether Hispanics were around, contributing to the creation of Hip-Hop/"the culture" (breakdancing, graffiti, rhyming, etc). The answer would be "YES".

To remix your statement (like you did mine), we could also say, Big Pun (a Rican), was nicer than 95% of the black rappers, who have, ever existed. See how that works. :umad:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY

anybody can say anything
to me most oof you a bunch of wite good ol boy minded babylon agents

trying your best to divide and be yee haw maddafukkas

tough on yee haw maddafukka