Spike Lee Co signs Fat Joe "Black People and Puerto Ricans created one of the great art forms ever! Together! In the bronx! Undisputed!"

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Latinos weren't living in the bronx in the 1970s? Puerto Ricans specifically have bee integrated in every low income neighborhoods in NYC since the 1930s

Check the time stamp on the 2nd video with Caz in it. He says Latinos specifically changed the fabric of breakdancing, and even the naysayers from the early 70s say there was at least 1 or 2 latinos that they knew of even though they would dismiss Latinos altogether in the next sentence

This all stems from silly ass twitter and the black vs brown beef that's largely a west coast thing with the Mexicans over there

NY Latinos are a different breed. Ya forget that PR and DR are not only located in the Caribbean but they also part of the West Indies and we have african dna unlike some other Latinos. We grew up in the heart of NYC with black Americans together in every low income neighborhood from Brooklyn to the bronx.

So yes, we were raised in the same environment hip hop gets its inspiration from, you can never take that away

Being raised around us doesn't entitle you to accept ownership of our creations. Stop with the participation trophies. We are talking about ownership. Hip hop is black culture and it's not up for debate.

Why is it that if we go back and list the greatest and most influential figures in hip hop in the early days they're 98% black? Go to the 80's and name the best rappers and tell me how many Hispanics are on there. List the top 50 MC's of all time and tell me it's not +90% black.

Answer this one question. Without us could Ricans and Dominicans have made hip hop on their own?

We made rock, jazz, soul, the blues, etc without your help but you want us to believe we needed you this time around.

Yall don't set trends and create cultural shifts globally black folks do. We taught yall how to b-boy and you become the face of it because we left it alone and created more dances. You get it after us, not the other way around and it's not done in unison. Charlie Chase even says he got heat from Ricans for trying to fukk with black music and he was the only one from his culture out there doing it. Despite proximity there were still boundaries between blacks and Hispanics.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I’m starting to realize a lot of our problems as black men comes from p*ssy.

Simp nikkas on TheColi and IRL scared to stand up to black women because if they tell the truth they might not get the cheeks.

Simp nikkas on TheColi and IRL scared to check non black people when they’re in the wrong because they don’t wanna lose access to non black cheeks.

The ironic part is that, black men are already sexually desired. If more of us had backbones and actually checked these hoes more often getting the cheeks would be even easier for us to get AND we would progress as a community.

That's a topic where The Coli is not ready to have.

Too many simps like @thekingnyc will defend Latina thots over black women

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blacks were the creators, but to say Spanish folks weren't there, played a big factor, or weren't helping get this culture off the ground, is disingenuous. You sound like a fukkin goofy. Quit lettin you're bigoted POV (albeit justified at times), cloud your logic.

They're such a big factor we could remove every Hispanic MC from existence and hip hop would still be here unchanged.

Now do the reverse and tell me what you have.

Present and participated yes but don't act like 95% of the work wasn't by black hands.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I’m starting to realize a lot of our problems as black men comes from p*ssy.

Simp nikkas on TheColi and IRL scared to stand up to black women because if they tell the truth they might not get the cheeks.

Simp nikkas on TheColi and IRL scared to check non black people when they’re in the wrong because they don’t wanna lose access to non black cheeks.

The ironic part is that, black men are already sexually desired. If more of us had backbones and actually checked these hoes more often getting the cheeks would be even easier for us to get AND we would progress as a community.

Last Poets in 1970 (and yes, that's how the label spelled the song title out)

go to 2:09

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Okay well fukk all of that.

You were just talking about meeting up.

You’re talking about some real life violence.

So let’s make it happen.

When you coming to Dallas?

I can prove to you that not only am I black, but I ain’t some keyboard warrior just saying shyt.

Let’s make it happen.

You were real bold a few posts ago.

Now I’m saying let’s make it happen and you’re talking about “have a nice day”.
shyt is never worth it breh

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

SAME nikka WHO PUT ROSIE PEREZ ON
FOR HER TO TURN AROUND
AND LOW KEY TRY TO #METOO HIM.

IDK WHATS UP WITH NYC CATS
AND PUERTO RICANS OUTSIDE OF THE
FACT THEY WANNA fukk THEIR WOMEN.
:devil:
:evil:

These shameless nyc brehs selling out their biggest contribution to modern art culture to Ricans merely to fukk ugly Rican women.. :snoop:

Black men failing to keep their dikks in check has far reaching consequences..

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
shyt is never worth it breh
What isn’t worth it? That harmless ass nikka won’t do shyt because he ain’t about shyt.

That’s why he backed down when I accepted his challenge.

Using pictures of myself I posted when I was 16 as an excuse.

Like I said before, I know how to shoot and I know to fight.

@Jim Brown and his fictional Puerto Rican goons won’t do anything to me.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Being raised around us doesn't entitle you to accept ownership of our creations. Stop with the participation trophies. We are talking about ownership. Hip hop is black culture and it's not up for debate.

Why is it that if we go back and list the greatest and most influential figures in hip hop in the early days they're 98% black? Go to the 80's and name the best rappers and tell me how many Hispanics are on there. List the top 50 MC's of all time and tell me it's not +90% black.

Answer this one question. Without us could Ricans and Dominicans have made hip hop on their own?

We made rock, jazz, soul, the blues, etc without your help but you want us to believe we needed you this time around.

Yall don't set trends and create cultural shifts globally black folks do. We taught yall how to b-boy and you become the face of it because we left it alone and created more dances. You get it after us, not the other way around and it's not done in unison. Charlie Chase even says he got heat from Ricans for trying to fukk with black music and he was the only one from his culture out there doing it. Despite proximity there were still boundaries between blacks and Hispanics.
The problem with this entire debate is that hip hop isn't some invention that you can see and touch with your hands. You can't trace it back to one person and say he invented hip hop, it took many years and many different contributions before every aspect of what we know today came to fruition. NO ONE "owns" hip hop so there is no ownership.

Hip hop was a CULTURE created in NYC, where blacks and Latinos live side by side. It was a movement and Latinos were very much a part of that movement and always have been from the beginning. No one ever said you couldn't do it without us but to say we weren't always there is disingenuous. You guys are trying to rewrite history while not knowing the fabric of NYC, that's why majority of old NY heads like spike and Caz are telling you radical internet motherfukkers to fall back because ya don't know what you're talking about

Here's Caz addressing it again

Here's the breakfast club Co signing fat joe a well. First few minutes of this video