'Spider-Man' Spinoff: Morbius the Living Vampire Movie in the Works (Trailer Out)

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
MORBIUS Star Tyrese Gibson Falls For Fake Martin Scorsese Quote Calling It The "Truest Height Of Cinema"

With Morbius earning negative reviews from critics and fans alike, memes have quickly started showing up on social media. Among them is a fake quote from Scorsese in which the legendary director says he was "aghast" to learn Morbius was based on a comic book and that it's "the truest height of cinema and even I cannot top it." Hilariously, it even ends with the filmmaker admitting that he was wrong before issuing an apology to the genre as a whole...all thanks to Morbius!

So, if you stumbled across this meme, you wouldn't believe it, right? Well, actor Tyrese Gibson (who plays Agent Stroud in the Marvel movie) did, and even shared it on his Instagram. When fans started pointing out that it wasn't real, the actor quickly deleted it, but not before some screenshots were grabbed.

FPbROdNXwAEgqNS

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
MORBIUS Star Tyrese Gibson Falls For Fake Martin Scorsese Quote Calling It The "Truest Height Of Cinema"

With Morbius earning negative reviews from critics and fans alike, memes have quickly started showing up on social media. Among them is a fake quote from Scorsese in which the legendary director says he was "aghast" to learn Morbius was based on a comic book and that it's "the truest height of cinema and even I cannot top it." Hilariously, it even ends with the filmmaker admitting that he was wrong before issuing an apology to the genre as a whole...all thanks to Morbius!

So, if you stumbled across this meme, you wouldn't believe it, right? Well, actor Tyrese Gibson (who plays Agent Stroud in the Marvel movie) did, and even shared it on his Instagram. When fans started pointing out that it wasn't real, the actor quickly deleted it, but not before some screenshots were grabbed.

FPbROdNXwAEgqNS
:deadrose:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

FPbROdNXwAEgqNS

Goofy ass :russ:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

FPbROdNXwAEgqNS

:dead:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

FPbROdNXwAEgqNS
Martin's comment still stinging two and a half years later that people will quickly share a meme with a fake picture and a fake quote. Comic book movie fans will never let it go. :wow:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
The problem with people who enjoy movies like this is that it messes up the game for everyone. Regardless of whether someone enjoyed Venom or not, there is a much much better movie that could have been made, and you still would have enjoyed but I also would have enjoyed. Obviously taste is subjective, however when movies like Venom make a billion at the box office it tells Sony they can put out mediocre fare and still make money. Which hurts the genre in the long run. That's why I want a movie like Morbius to fail, so that it makes them either have to step their game up or give Marvel more of the reigns.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
The problem with people who enjoy movies like this is that it messes up the game for everyone. Regardless of whether someone enjoyed Venom or not, there is a much much better movie that could have been made, and you still would have enjoyed but I also would have enjoyed. Obviously taste is subjective, however when movies like Venom make a billion at the box office it tells Sony they can put out mediocre fare and still make money. Which hurts the genre in the long run. That's why I want a movie like Morbius to fail, so that it makes them either have to step their game up or give Marvel more of the reigns.
I get what you’re saying
Like the people who fukk fat chicks :ehh:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
This ain't it y'all. The end credits were the only redeemable thing about this fiasco