Spider-Man (Official Thread)

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
BTW, the game doesn't explicitly tell you (to my knowledge) but you can press X at either the apex of your swing for an altitude boost or at the lowest point of your swing for a speed boost. This method gives you more momentum than simply letting go of R2. This is not the same thing as a web zip, which works after you realease your swing. Spider-Man will also do tricks unsolicited with this method. Combine it with the air tricks and the point launch skills for some really pretty stuff.
It does in the opening tutorial, to add on hold L3 at the apex of your jump to dive

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
It does in the opening tutorial, to add on hold L3 at the apex of your jump to dive

I caught the tutorial bit on how to dive and use it religiously but I saw no mention of the ability to gain boosts with X prior to releasing the swing. May have missed it but from what other heads are saying on other boards, if it's in game, it's evidently very easy to overlook.

You can interact with pedestrians, too. It's a small pleasure but square starts up a dialouge with them. Only found that out because I tried to backhand a pedestrian that was talking crazy in Times Square. :laugh:

Edit:

:deadrose:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
When can you access the preorder suits? I installed the add on but they aren't showing up. Are they level locked?

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
When can you access the preorder suits? I installed the add on but they aren't showing up. Are they level locked?

You have to advance to a certain part in the game before the ability to change and unlock suits becomes available. Roughly 45 to 90 minutes into the game depending on how quickly you complete the opening mission and if you opt to swing around or head straight to early mission triggers. You'll know when you can view them. The pre-order suits will be available in your inventory already unlocked.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You have to advance to a certain part in the game before the ability to change and unlock suits becomes available. You'll know when you can and the suits will be available in your inventory already unlocked.
I probably just can't get them yet because I can already craft suits but most of them are level locked behind question marks.

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I probably just can't get them yet because I can already craft suits but most of them are level locked behind question marks.

The pre order suits (iirc) were the Spider-Punk, Iron Arms, and Velocity Suit. These were open to me as soon as the ability to view the 'Suits' tab became available. I was maybe level 3.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
False alarm as the brehs said took around 20 odd minutes to install... First impression the game is beautiful.

Still getting to grips with the movement... Spider-Man/NY the whole vibe is quite surreal.

I'm assuming as you progress in the game more costumes are available?
Yeah you get the stuff to build the suits via side quests

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Did y'all notice that when you're on the phone with someone, if you're stationary or walking, Peters voice is controlled. If you're in combat or if you begin swinging & diving, his voice becomes more distressed. I thought I was losing it and reloaded to try and have the same discussion with May. He was clearly straining and shouting when I began traversing. His cadence and voice is directly dependent on the activity he's engaged in on almost all of these free roaming calls. It's little details like that that's really putting this game over the top.