Spider-Man (Official Thread)

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Anybody else going for that spectacular difficulty?

Honesty, I thought about it but decided against it. The combat thus far isn't necessarily complex, but @Mowgli was on the money when he said you'll need to do more than press square to win. Combat is hectic and I think I'd be more frustrated than enjoying myself if I went for Spectacular off of the bat. After the playthrough on Amazing, I'll likley only play on Spectacular. I love a challenge in these sort of games but for me, I think it's more sound to get familiar with the entire control scheme & mechanics before jumping in the deep end. The difficulty can be changed at any time too so there's that.

Edit: Gonna need this soundtrack on Spotify ASAP. This menu music (touchpad) is giving me DMC4 vibes. Chill as hell.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Super early first thoughts

The combat feels like a perfected attempt at what Beenox tried to do with the Amazing Spider-Man series, a proper Arkham clone that flows effortlessly

The swinging feels.....good....

I don't know if I'd call it the best though. Doesn't really feel as tight as Ultimate Spider-Man web swinging

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Imsomniac brought back the vent crawl segments that was up in Edge of Time, very nice

spiderman1.jpg

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
this game hits the mark in terms of quick fun factor and enough depth to keep the interest going.

I wonder how extensible the proprietary game engine is ... because this really could be a solid foundation for the next iterations to be licensed to the other Marvel properties.

Black Panther could easily be flipped and essentially be the Batman-Arkham version which strips away the web-slinging but adds in deeper hand-to-hand, gadgets, and travel to distinctly different environments.

Iron man would basically be the flying + different armor/suits + projectiles version.

Tons of potential here ...