Spider-Man (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Is the $25 DLC in the PS Store inclusive of everything? Also, is it worth getting or is it mindless button mashing without much of a story? :patrice:

I believe it includes everything. Don’t quote me on that tho.

The first story was great. Second was okay. Here’s hoping the third is dope. But if you want more of a dope game you can’t go wrong

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I believe it includes everything. Don’t quote me on that tho.

The first story was great. Second was okay. Here’s hoping the third is dope. But if you want more of a dope game you can’t go wrong

I liked the storyline of the game, but my biggest beef was it was too easy & too repetitive. I don't know if I want to shell out more $$ without a good story :manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I liked the storyline of the game, but my biggest beef was it was too easy & too repetitive. I don't know if I want to shell out more $$ without a good story :manny:

The first dlc adds a different mechanic to it but yeah it’s still button mashing lol. I’d keep the money breh

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I cant believe that this will be the last DLC and we didnt get the Miles Morales suit. I already had to get over the fact that we werent getting a symbiote suit in a SpiderMan game. I think their excuse is bullshyt because the next game they make isnt going to be the Symbiote War so just put it in the damn game. These 3 DLCs were underwhelming and the only thing that came out of them that was decent was the Scarlet Spider mkII suit.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I cant believe that this will be the last DLC and we didnt get the Miles Morales suit. I already had to get over the fact that we werent getting a symbiote suit in a SpiderMan game. I think their excuse is bullshyt because the next game they make isnt going to be the Symbiote War so just put it in the damn game. These 3 DLCs were underwhelming and the only thing that came out of them that was decent was the Scarlet Spider mkII suit.

But why would you give him Miles’ suit if miles is a character in the game and should be the first one to wear that suit?

Even the idea of giving him the symbiote suit makes no sense because it has its own story and its own different sets of powers and reacts differently than every suit there. It’s an actual live organism. It also steps on you being able to do something unique with it in a sequel

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Not the suit but what it represents. Potentially.

If this was something they had planned cool. But I’ve seen the twitter back and forth between fans and developers. Fans saying stupid shyt to developers because they weren’t getting their way. Throwing tantrums online and spamming Insomniac’s twitter feed with hate shyt and vile shyt just to get their way? No.

That is the bad precedent. It says that if you complain enough and cry enough you’ll get what you want. Idk about you but my moms didn’t raise me like that and that’s an entire generation of fans who feel that if they stomp their feet loud enough and hold their breath, a big game developer will do what they want.

I’ve been following the story for a while not sure if all of you have but it got pretty out of hand really quickly

entitlement is a disease.

tantrums are a symptom.

you cave to tantrums, the disease spreads.

You see it all over.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
entitlement is a disease.

tantrums are a symptom.

you cave to tantrums, the disease spreads.

You see it all over.

Yup. It’s the same reason our parents didn’t give in every time we threw a fit as children. If you give an inch every single time then the child will always expect you to cave and ask for a mile

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
But why would you give him Miles’ suit if miles is a character in the game and should be the first one to wear that suit?

Even the idea of giving him the symbiote suit makes no sense because it has its own story and its own different sets of powers and reacts differently than every suit there. It’s an actual live organism. It also steps on you being able to do something unique with it in a sequel
Its fan service. Theres been like 2 Spidey games that followed the symbiote storywise yet the suit itself has been in almost every iteration of Spidey I.P. No reason to stop now. And Miles wont be Spiderman in their sequel, especially if you think they will do the symbiote arc. Cant be both. I guess this comes down to what you think Insomniac will do next and I personally dont think the followup is going to be the Symbiote Arc nor The Death of Spiderman arc for Miles. The suit can be in the game like every other suit. They all function the same with only a suit power differing them. That doesnt make any of them unique in my opinion. They can flesh out and have a game mechanic changing symbiote suit in a future game if they want to but the suit should be here for fan service and nostalgia. Its not like whenever they decide to do it (if ever) they are going to make it such a different gameplay between symbiote and Spidey. Only Ultimate Spider-Man did that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Its fan service. Theres been like 2 Spidey games that followed the symbiote storywise yet the suit itself has been in almost every iteration of Spidey I.P. No reason to stop now. And Miles wont be Spiderman in their sequel, especially if you think they will do the symbiote arc. Cant be both. I guess this comes down to what you think Insomniac will do next and I personally dont think the followup is going to be the Symbiote Arc nor The Death of Spiderman arc for Miles.

You don’t have to do a death of Spider-Man for miles to be a playable character.

And fan service isn’t always a good look. Fans can’t always get what they want every single time just because they want it. I don’t believe in that. Yes the symbiote story has been done before in games but insomniac hasn’t done their version of it. They’ve even said they didn’t include it because it deserves its own story and it’s a suit that actually has functionality. Why bury it that way?

shyt I want the suit from Spider-Man unlimited in the game but it ain’t happening. It’s cool. Let them cook.

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Not the suit but what it represents. Potentially.

If this was something they had planned cool. But I’ve seen the twitter back and forth between fans and developers. Fans saying stupid shyt to developers because they weren’t getting their way. Throwing tantrums online and spamming Insomniac’s twitter feed with hate shyt and vile shyt just to get their way? No.

That is the bad precedent. It says that if you complain enough and cry enough you’ll get what you want. Idk about you but my moms didn’t raise me like that and that’s an entire generation of fans who feel that if they stomp their feet loud enough and hold their breath, a big game developer will do what they want.

I’ve been following the story for a while not sure if all of you have but it got pretty out of hand really quickly
Don't know the story, didn't even know people were asking the suit that much :hubie: my bad breh

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
I do not like that they did this. At least the way it looks. If this was always planned cool, but it looks like they caved to entitled man babies, as the video game industry is wont to do so damn much. World doesn’t always give you everything you want. And you’d think for people who say they love Spider-Man, they of all people would understand that smh. This is a character who sacrifices and doesn’t have the best luck. shyt doesn’t always go the way he’d like it to. But he doesn’t complain or bytch; he gets up off the mat and keeps going and finds a way to make it work. Always.

Some dude said he broke down crying in the gym because of this. Seriously? Your emotional priorities are way way way out of wack sir. It’s a cool thing for insomniac to do for fans of the movies but it, much like
mass effect 3, sets a terrible precedent for games and shows once again the ills of social media. Especially when
in the hands of nikkas who will not grow the fukk up

Okay rant over :russ:
Insomniac was actually already working on the suit months before all the bytch crying started two weeks ago. :mjlol: