"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" 2018 animated film thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Hold up...this movie was really that good?? Watching the trailers I'm thinking ehhh, it's gonna be a silly cartoon, I'll catch it when its On Demand. But I'm reading reviews saying it might be the best film of the year?? Sony needs to thank you guys cuz I'm gonna cop a ticket now.
shyt was too ill!

When Peter was teaching Miles how to web sling.
:banderas:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw it today in a sneak preview, movie doesn't drop here until next week. Kinda pissed because it was advertised as a 3D screening and it ended up being screened in 2D so for the first ten minutes or so me and most of the audience weren't sure if it was us or the theater fukking up (partially because the movie also uses some blur effects in its animation) and couldn't focus on the actual pic.

Anyway, this is what I imagined a Jet Set Radio movie should look, sound and feel like. It was fast paced, energetic, colorful and made the most of all the effects animation has over live action. The voice acting was great too. My only minor complaint about the movie was that I felt they underutilized Spider-Noir, Spider-Ham and Peni Parker. All three seemed to lack that one stand-out moment to really define their characters and not just their gimmicks.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I had a good feeling about this movie...

And man

It surpassed my expectations.

10/10

And I'm a super picky spider man fan.

Movie felt like a progression of spider-man, really it's so much good about the movie its hard to put into words without typing out paragraphs.

It was like watching an animated ultimate spider-man comic in IMAX 3D

The art style and music really blew me away, so well done and it had so much "soul" to it.

I really hope the movie does well, but its a tough month.

So many easter egg's for spider man fans and ultimate or even movie spider man fans.

great great movie.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I like how they stuck to the "toon continuity" with them basically being OP.

When he game miles the hammer and was like "take this, don't worry it'll fit in your pocket" lol
He said "well, thats all folks."
:francis:

"Is he allowed to say that?"
:ohhh:

:mjlol:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I got Childish Gambino vibes when Miles was singing :russ:

Did he have anything to do with this movie I swore I thought he was the one doing the voice or producing did he help right or I am getting confused ?

Daps
So is this the first iteration of Miles where
his father doesn’t die? I was dreading that moment and glad it didn’t happen :obama:

i think they changed some stuff around because homecoming took some of Miles' elements to refresh Peter for the MCU

but also some of it is just hollywoodization, my only critique of this movie (which doesnt really matter that much since the movie was piff) was that
the comic book version of his relationship with his uncle - instead of giving Miles an uncle Ben moment, the comics delving into how his uncle try to use his influence over Miles to sway him into a life of crime using his powers is a much more compelling angle, especially cuz a lot of kids who look and live like Miles are often faced with that crossroads or choice at some point while being a youngin'

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
So first off I missed the tag at the end. They were giving out goodies after the screening and everyone rushed out the theater to get them. Someone fill me in please lol.

Loved this movie. It’s beautiful to look at, is funny and heartfelt all at once, and is probably my favorite comic book movie of the year now. shyt it may be my favorite Spider-Man movie too.

Each Spider-Man had their own identity and filled a role. Miles and Peter both learning things from the other was dope as well. It was hilarious when it needed to be and deep and kinda sad when it needed to be that also.

It’s one of the best summaries on who Spider-Man is, why he’s important, and what he means as a character. shyt even for me misty a few times.

Also, Chris pine as Spider-Man? Brilliant :wow:
Is it a better story than I heard the ps4 game is?

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Watching this makes me wanna go back and read those early Miles comics again. Do they have them condensed into a trade?
They don't have Miles' entire comic story in a trade, but all of his early arcs are made into 3 trades, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Collection Book 1, 2, & 3.