"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" 2018 animated film thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Went back to my childhood theater for this one.....had to do it big. :banderas:

......this shyt was so fukking dope though! Sony redeemed themselves with this one. Initially I thought the animation was going to be too janky for my liking buy everything blended in to perfection. :ohlawd:

Went into the non-3D showing and the opening titles still made me feel like I was entering another dimension myself. This movie is going to change the game. :whew:

The beginning half of this movie was dark as hell, like I was legit concerned for Miles as he was escaping the subway tunnels. They did a great job capturing the dread in those moments I feel like.

The scene where Miles truly found himself as the new Spidey was breathtaking to watch. My favorite scene in the cinema all year, top 10 all time. Goddamn.

Deadbeat Peter had me crackin' up during his montage . :dead: then the nikka went Drake Mode on MJ at the Kingpin dinner :deadmanny:

Miles crossing dimensions at the end to get that Gwen p*ssy :gladbron:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
One of the best movies of the year.
The best comic book movie of the year.
The best Spider-Man movie ever made.
giphy.gif

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
This movie was good as shyt. Like somebody else mentioned earlier, they stuck the landing on pretty much every attempt. They somehow managed to tell the spiderman origin story without you going "not this shyt again," the heartfelt moments hit their mark, the jokes and visual gags were well placed, and the action was on point. It was all wrapped up in a package of excellent storytelling. This movie executed the adage of 'show, don't tell' to perfection. I really think that's how they managed to cram so much story and so many characters into a relatively short movie and it all still worked.

Now regarding the artwork and animation this was some throwback shyt. I understand how some people thought it was misplaced 3d scenes at times, but I heard it was another nostalgic nod to the comics of old. If any of you have ever read a comic from the 60's to the 80's then you may be familiar. The colors often bled into one another and were very pixelated and blurry, especially along the edges, like so:
Kidclose.jpg

It was wink, along with more Easter eggs than I can recall, to older comic fans and parents who were there to take the ride with their kids. It captured the splash page scenes when appropriate and the color pallet really popped. I wanna see this shyt again high. Not to mention the music and voice acting was on point too. Man this was just a great job all around by everybody involved. I hope it opens some doors to tell more comic stories like this. Be creative and have fun with the shyt.

Last edited: