Flint, Michigan
Back dat ass up
L5377r0.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Was just about to make a thread on this.

I never heard of this guy :yeshrug:

@MartyMcFly, come tell me how im supposed to feel about this :dwillhuh:

-DMP-

I can't speak for all of his TV credits because I've only seen a few of his stuff on tv but as the guy who's written and directed Cabin in the Woods, written cloverfield and was going to helm daredevil until the sinister six came along, this is the choice I was hoping they'd go for. Plus his connection with Whedon would be a bonus.

As far as the story of them going with a young kid and wanting to do this every summer and have the character grow into the role ala Daniel Radcliffe in Harry Potter, I think they're going really young..like 15 or 16 young which could be cool but also could be weird.

The Iron Man thing makes sense because if you're telling the civil war story to introduce him, it makes sense that he'd be fighting tony in his own movie because Tony no doubt would have caused a lot of pain and aggravation for him. I'd love to see him "audition" for the avengers and fail because he decides he doesn't need it or doesn't want to be a part of it but we all know that won't happen. Or at least have him ask how much does the job pay, which is true to character. Deadline is saying Goddard's got a meeting but no deal is done yet although they're hopeful it will lead to a deal so I'm still in wait and see mode

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Tried to tell folks earlier,Spiderman is officially the "lil homie" now:mjcry:...Spiderman having to audition to be in a crew that has Hawkeye and Black Widow as members:mjlol:....I said earlier in this thread Spiderman should be fighting all the Avengers at the same damn time....that's Spiderman breh:childplease:.

And irrc the idea they have is the same one I had somewhat that people shytted on,except worse....Also it shows maybe there was some behind the scenes stuff with Garfield going on unless they just needed a scapegoat....Because theres no reason they couldn't have kept the series going if that's the plot they are using....the timeline would not have been off at all.

Breh Garfield is out because they clearly want to go younger. If they're talking having someone grow into the role like Radcliffe in Harry potter then that means you can't cast anyone over a certain age and I'd think mid-late 20s is that age. The timeline is going to be off because if he's in high school but Garfield's Peter is a college freshman then it won't line up.

As far as him being little homie, within that world he's always been the guy who looks up to both tony and cap and if you're telling the civil war story then you're going to have to do that. His "audition" could be something as simple as him deciding he doesn't want to do it or doesn't need to prove himself and he gets in anyway. Just spitballing but the idea of him taking on the whole avengers isn't spidey at all breh. He wanted to join the avengers early in the run And they all decided they'd give him a shot by making him capture the hulk and If he did he was in. He did but let him go after realizing who the hulk really is and then told the avengers to suck it. He then tried to join again after realizing they get paid every week. That didn't work either. Then finally he became an official member when the book needed some juice in the early 2000s.

Pete has always been the outcast man; he's not really a team player, he stays to himself, the paper makes him sound like a criminal, and he doesn't work with anyone official like say, Shield. So naturally the avengers would be leery of letting this guy join especially since he's just a kid and they're all adults.

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Robert Downey Jr/Iron Man in the new Spider-Man reboots that's being financed by Sony?:ohhh:. So instead of Marvel paying Downey big money they'll get Sony to do it instead :dead: that economic prudence if true:wow:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
counterproductive breh, no way they are going to jeopardize iron man's status when non of the others solo movies have made bank like he has (closes being TWS but that was despite evans)

In there heads ironman kickstarted the whole band and has outsold everyone. Until his contract is up and he walks or a contender emerges iron man remains the man
So you giving Evans no credit for tws?!!!?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
So you giving Evans no credit for tws?!!!?
he stepped his game up all right but that shyt was a collective effort. Everything combined from the writer/director/choreographer,ensemble e.t.c just clicked. Its like giving Pratt the credit for GOTG, nah