Spectre: Bond 24 Official Thread

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Why was I reading this interview imagining Daniel Craig voice sounding like the SNL Celebrity Jeopardy Sean Connery voice:mjlol:

Daniel Craig Would Only Play James Bond Again “For the Money”
BY HALEIGH FOUTCH 2 MINS AGO

Like me, I’d imagine most of you are pretty excited for Spectre, Sam Mendes‘ highly anticipated return to the James Bond franchise, and so is Daniel Craig, because apparently he just wants to be done with the damn thing. With Spectre set to hit UK and US theaters in the next few weeks, Craig spoke with Time Out London about theSkyfall followup and threw down some serious words about his desire, or extreme lack there of, to return for another installment. The whole interview is like a master class in not giving a fukk.

Despite the fact that Craig is already under contract for another turn as the gentleman spy, he dropped some choice words on the prospect of a return to the franchise, mainly, that he’d rather kill himself than do it again right now.

Asked if he could see himself returning for another Bond film Craig said,

Now? I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists. No, not at the moment. Not at all. That’s fine. I’m over it at the moment. We’re done. All I want to do is move on:mjcry:

Yeesh, man. Not a good look. To be fair, he does make it pretty clear that he’s talking about right now, which makes sense. If I was in the midst of a massive round of promotion after wrapping such a mammoth-scale production, I’d probably want a break too. But there’s something to be said for speaking in a way that doesn’t make you sound ungrateful and entitled. Craig took a bit more diplomatic tone in his follow up answer,

I haven’t given it any thought. For at least a year or two, I just don’t want to think about it. I don’t know what the next step is. I’ve no idea. Not because I’m trying to be cagey. Who the fukk knows? At the moment, we’ve done it. I’m not in discussion with anybody about anything. If I did another Bond movie, it would only be for the money.’:russ:

How’s that for some honesty? After four round in the tuxedo, Craig says his well is dry, so to speak, and all the Bond he’s got, he put into Spectre.

‘Every idea I’ve had for a Bond movie, I’ve stuck into this one. It’s gone in. The Bond bank is dry. If you’re asking me what would I do with another Bond movie? I haven’t a clue. Go into space? Let’s do it! They already did it. Let’s do it again.’:ehh:

Craig also confirmed rumors that the studio wanted to move swiftly on the Specresequel, planning to film Spectre its followup back-to-back at one point,

‘Well, I was contracted to do another one. That was all set up. But at the studio there was a real keenness to get it done as soon as possible. In fact, there was a conversation at one point that went: “Let’s film two movies back to back.” I just went: “You’re out of your fukking minds.” In the nicest possible way. They’re just too big.’:usure:

His thoughts on who should pick up the mantle after he’s done? Zero. fukks. Given.

Look, I don’t give a fukk. Good luck to them! All I care about is that if I stop doing these things we’ve left it in a good place and people pick it up and make it better. Make it better, that’s all.:upsetfavre:

And what would be his advice to his eventual successor? “Don’t be shyt.” Not very useful advice, but definitely worth heeding.

You’ve got to step up. People do not make movies like this any more. This is really rare now. So don’t be shyt…Go for it. Embrace it. Some clichéd line like that. But no, just make sure you’re great. You’ve got to push yourself as far as you can. It’s worth it, it’s James Bond.’:smugdraper:

Sounds like if we’re getting another James Bond film with Craig in the title role, it’s not going to be for a few years. And if he returns, we can very well expect it to be for the last time. It’s an odd set of statements given that, as he says in the interview, he’s already contracted for another film, but perhaps this is a bit of public negotiation. After all, if you’re doing it for the money, make sure you’re doing it for a lot of money.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Why was I reading this interview imagining Daniel Craig voice sounding like the SNL Jeopardy Sean Connery voice:mjlol:

Shyt was hilarious. Clearly these interviews are all coming out at different times because in his most recent one before this, he said he's got one more to do and of course he's going to do it. All it boils down to is him being burnt out and not even trying to think of another one at this point and because he's who he is, he's going to speak his mind on that shyt rather than play politics.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:ohlawd:I'm so ready for this. Haven't watched any of the trailers since the first one. I don't know how much longer I can take.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ohlawd:I'm so ready for this. Haven't watched any of the trailers since the first one. I don't know how much longer I can take.

AMC sent me an email this morning with an offer to get a James Bond production book for free if I purchase my tickets for the movie between now and sometime next week:lupe:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
IGN video review:

Christoph Waltz stars opposite Daniel Craig in the 24th Bond film, which ticks all the 007 boxes, but sometimes feels like it's going through the motions.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Reviews are good and bad. Need to see this for myself. I don't want another Skyfall.
:ufdup:

nah im fukkin with you

Skyfall had the same thing going for it...bad or mild reviews and then great ones. Seemingly most of the brits love it so far at least review wise. All of the ones on RT are from their side of the pond (I'm just going to use all british euphemisms )

Spectre

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:ufdup:

nah im fukkin with you

Skyfall had the same thing going for it...bad or mild reviews and then great ones. Seemingly most of the brits love it so far at least review wise. All of the ones on RT are from their side of the pond (I'm just going to use all british euphemisms )

Spectre
Trying my hardest not to click play on that final trailer. I'm hoping my lack of knowledge about this film will make it more interesting. Just need to watch some of the old Bond flicks before I go see it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Trying my hardest not to click play on that final trailer. I'm hoping my lack of knowledge about this film will make it more interesting. Just need to watch some of the old Bond flicks before I go see it.

Seriously breh, to me, the trailers aren't really showing anything. It seems as if they're taking the same clips from the first two trailers and just rearranging them, maybe adding a couple more seconds to it and just changing the music. I still have no damn idea what the movie is about at all and i cannot fukkin wait. I don't remember the last time i was this excited for a movie

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Seriously breh, to me, the trailers aren't really showing anything. It seems as if they're taking the same clips from the first two trailers and just rearranging them, maybe adding a couple more seconds to it and just changing the music. I still have no damn idea what the movie is about at all and i cannot fukkin wait. I don't remember the last time i was this excited for a movie
:ahh:And I love it.