Southern Rappers with East coast flows (add on....)

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Who is we, I never got into his rapping. He bores me to sleep.

Le$ remind me of how out of town people cut for Maxo Kream. I don't like his music either. I've never heard anybody banging that shyt.

To each his own though, I seen Le$ at Urban Outfitters off I-10. Why my potnah had on sweatpants with his shirt tucked in them :russ:

That's when I knew Cuz wasn't from the H.
I mean different strokes but all nikkas from H-Town don't have to be on that same redundant shyt (Coming down, flipping candy paint, rollin swangas, poppin trunks, sippin syrup). Not trying to force him on anyone but not sure why you got to hear other nikkas listen to his music to validate him. I know a few nikkas out the H that bump his shyt. Hell the main rappers in Houston bump his shyt. Met him at Killen's BBQ in Pearland and he was cool down to earth cat. Half these young nikkas down here look and sound like they from ATL and don't even rep the city or know the history of it. At least he shows respect and dedicates music to it (Steak and Shrimp series, and numerous songs reppin the city and SUC). But like I said different strokes.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Is rapping an east coast flow?

I used to think it was an accent thing but I've seen nikkas say TI and Andre rapped with an "east coast flow."
He tried and failed exponentially
Ruined what could have been a certified song. Idk what Cam was thinking allowing this

And bless his heart - he tried
:mjcry::deadrose:
Andre- “the south got something to say”
New York - “:beli::unimpressed:

Last edited:

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
I mean different strokes but all nikkas from H-Town don't have to be on that same redundant shyt (Coming down, flipping candy paint, rollin swangas, poppin trunks, sippin syrup). Not trying to force him on anyone but not sure why you got to hear other nikkas listen to his music to validate him. I know a few nikkas out the H that bump his shyt. Hell the main rappers in Houston bump his shyt. Met him at Killen's BBQ in Pearland and he was cool down to earth cat. Half these young nikkas down here look and sound like they from ATL and don't even rep the city or know the history of it. At least he shows respect and dedicates music to it (Steak and Shrimp series, and numerous songs reppin the city and SUC). But like I said different strokes.
Le$ not young though. Why do people keep on saying that about coming down shyt. That ain't really been a thing for years. I jam Kyleon especially that Lorraine Motel. That dude can really spit and he don't sound like nobody and keep his southern accent. Ro the goat of this shyt besides O.G. dudes like Rino and face.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Le$ not young though. Why do people keep on saying that about coming down shyt. That ain't really been a thing for years. I jam Kyleon especially that Lorraine Motel. That dude can really spit and he don't sound like nobody and keep his southern accent. Ro the goat of this shyt besides O.G. dudes like Rino and face.

I mentioned this same thing in another thread and some bozo on here got offended just cause he was wrong about it and wanted to continue dying on a hill about it

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I mentioned this same thing in another thread and some bozo on here got offended just cause he was wrong about it and wanted to continue dying on a hill about it

I hear you and I been a fan of Killa since he was spitting with Pokey(before Boss Hogg Outlawz) I know Killa and even made a thread about the Lorraine Motel when it dropped back in 2017. I’m in this very thread giving him props not doing some H town check to make sure rappers reppin the city are actually born here. This ain’t a versus thread man I’m H Town to the bone and appreciate all the rappers in the city but let’s be real no one besides Travis Scott has really made a real impact in this industry like they deserve in the past 10+ years. Hell the problem in the city now is that nikkas don’t support each other and look for any reason to talk down and play the versus game. Propain another one that should be bigger than he is.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Ruined what could have been a certified song. Idk what Cam was thinking allowing this

TIP verse was crazy on Crown Me lmao, NY biased is showing there

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I hear you and I been a fan of Killa since he was spitting with Pokey(before Boss Hogg Outlawz) I know Killa and even made a thread about the Lorraine Motel when it dropped back in 2017. I’m in this very thread giving him props not doing some H town check to make sure rappers reppin the city are actually born here. This ain’t a versus thread man I’m H Town to the bone and appreciate all the rappers in the city but let’s be real no one besides Travis Scott has really made a real impact in this industry like they deserve in the past 10+ years. Hell the problem in the city now is that nikkas don’t support each other and look for any reason to talk down and play the versus game.

Outside of very local dudes, I don’t really think this is the case anymore. I think the main thing is that the internet basically stymied a lot of regional sounds. People fr anywhere can sound like they’re fro anywhere. Plus, a lot of other cities have swiped Texas style and ran with it. Hell, Drake has a ton of Texas-based style, both in rhymes and production. But of course J Prince may have something to do with that as well.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I thought he did fine.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
virginia is east coast in hip-hop

Virginia is not East Coast in Hip Hop. What's funny is you argued adamantly that Virginia was "coast-less", but in here claiming that it is the East Coast.

Virginia sonically has elements that sound Southern and some that sound East Coast. Then there's an element that doesn't fit into either region, but exists as its own thing sonically. In terms of what the artists from Virginia rep, most of them represent The South.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no way people arguing that Luda sounds like he's from The Midwest. The Midwest indeed has its own particular sound, but a lot of Midwest rappers, specifically Chicago rappers sound Southern. Crucial Conflict nor Do or Die sound like they are from Chicago. Psycho Drama (specifically Buk) sounds like a Southern rapper. They sound like Southern rappers and Ludacris even down to the production he was rapping over sounded Southern. Even Nelly and Chingy, who are both Midwest artists sound like they are from the South. It's a huge difference from say a Bone, Twista, or Common. People still think Da Brat is from Atlanta.