‘South Side’ Renewed for Season 3 at HBO Max

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry: wanted a Season 4 that was classic so this series could finish off the right way.
The last episode of the series really had Simon and K in the woods the whole time :unimpressed: They were suppose to become successful by the end of the show based on how we were introduced to them.

Allen Gayle was suppose to become Chicago's mayor in a special election.

Q was suppose to open his own furniture outlet with his name on it.

Stacy was suppose to lose weight in real life so in the show she could end up as a successful social media influencer/singer and health nut.

Goodnight was suppose to solve a big crime on the southside and finally be promoted to the Northside where he wants to be.

Solving the case with Goodnight, Turner was suppose to finally retire from the force, become a legit criminal and link up with Shaw's crew.

I am not happy that was the series finale.

If they had any feeling that this may be the last season, they should have went in an entirely different direction IMO. The last season should have sent off each main character in a special way.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The South Suburbs episode could have been so much better. Just fell flat. And I didn't really get the rich white family depiction specifically for THAT area.

Could have really did a lot better than that. Out of all the suburbs in the area, that was a miss for what they came up with. They open with a shot of Rich City Skate and I'm like yoooo, then I watch the rest of the episode and I'm like...

:what:

Outside of the first shot and the first scene where Turner and her sister were walking in the subdivision, it being in the south burbs didn't play into the episode at all.

Like you said, the white family didn't match out there at all.
I randomly was thinking about this show tonight and how trash that South Suburbs episode was... Then I remembered this random fact that someone mentioned to me not that long ago

Olympia Fields has a black homeownership rate of 98 percent. It is one of only a handful of sizeable, majority-black communities in the United States where the black homeownership rate exceeds 80 percent.

Nationally, the black homeownership rate is only 41 percent — virtually unchanged from 50 years ago, when the federal Fair Housing Act banned racial discrimination in housing. The national white homeownership rate is 71 percent. Incredibly, the gap between black and white homeownership rates is wider now than it was in 1900, according to a study released in April by Zillow, an online real estate company.

Four other black-majority municipalities with homeownership rates of at least 80 percent — Flossmoor, Lynwood, Matteson and South Holland — also are suburban communities south of Chicago, within a few miles of Olympia Fields.

:unimpressed:

Still shaking my head at what they did with that episode. Especially with all the locals working on the show. Unbelievable

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I never even finished the season. Hope they can turn it back around if it gets renewed.