Sooooooo... AT&T hit me with a "Copyright Infringement Alert"...

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Theoretically, if my neighbors have my security code they can use my Wi-Fi though...
yeah, theoretically. they'd have the same external IP but then the authorities could look at the computer's own IP address and determine whether or not it's you.

the thing is, you don't have to worry about any of this shyt as long as you don't do stupid shyt like the OP (no offense). He downloaded a file that said it was a 480p bluray rip, that's a red flag right there. Use piratebay and only download files from trusted uploaders and check the comments to make sure it's legit. Download the file and after it's done downloading stop it from seeding so that other people aren't downloading the same file from your computer. Not turning off seeding is what will get you in trouble.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
So if the Feds raid a library they could find out exactly who was using their Wi-Fi for illegal activity?
Yeah they just need the mac address to find out the exact computer the activity came from. But just for a torrent, nobody is gonna waste the resources to find who fexactly is downloading the file.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I got one of these in my email today... :patrice:

I know... I lost... I'm still using Torrents in 2014... :manny:

Anyone else ever get one of these??? :lupe:

Anyone recommend a good IP Proxy changer or something??? :sadcam:

I need an alternative to Torrents... :noah:

Time to start supporting music breh :heh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
youve-got-to-be-kidding-me.jpeg
nikka, just cuz you a dumbass on the subject :heh:
You nor anybody else has said why NZ would be better than torrents.
Overusing gifs is the farthest thing from an answer. So :umad:
Torrents for Movies and Music in 2014 :russ:

Damn, that's like getting snagged for using Napster today. I do use torrents here and there for software, but who's downloading actual movies these days??? There's plenty of sites that be streaming gloriously.
:facepalm:
Look, I understand YOU stopped using torrents. So you think the rest of cyber space moved onto whatever you using now.
Thats your problem, you THINK torrents died off. In reality, they only got stronger and more reliable over the years while all the alternatives is what keeps getting shut down and watched :manny:

I don't run to torrents, but if I'm trying to get a movie. These links dudes be posting half the time have limits where you got to be a member if its over a gig. shyt like that, then they be taking long ass times to download
So whats REALLY GOING ON is you dudes just trying to make money. So you talk down about torrents in hopes that you can cash in.

But Yify says hi and fukk yo life. Any movie via torrent is a 5min download for me.
And I've never had a problem finding any movie I want. Ever. So no I wouldn't need to NZ or any other bullshyt place that wants to charge you to download shyt ILLEGALLY :wtf:

Somebody, anybody. Name something NZ or whatever has that you think I couldn't find via a 2sec google search :popcorn:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
lol @ slagging off torrents. lets pay to download something.. brehs :dahell:

i've :eat: off torrents since the beginning, no problems no nothing. if you have a private ratio sites that are off the radar, even better.

it REALLY shouldnt be that hard to learn what to trust and what not to trust. bunch of 57 year old white floridians that type with their index fingers in here, seriously.

*clicks sites with links like j3h4jqhwsasuhdasd822.sih3uh3232.sk*
*clicks 13 more times*

Last edited:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka, just cuz you a dumbass on the subject :heh:
You nor anybody else has said why NZ would be better than torrents.
Overusing gifs is the farthest thing from an answer. So :umad:

:facepalm:
Look, I understand YOU stopped using torrents. So you think the rest of cyber space moved onto whatever you using now.
Thats your problem, you THINK torrents died off. In reality, they only got stronger and more reliable over the years while all the alternatives is what keeps getting shut down and watched :manny:

I don't run to torrents, but if I'm trying to get a movie. These links dudes be posting half the time have limits where you got to be a member if its over a gig. shyt like that, then they be taking long ass times to download
So whats REALLY GOING ON is you dudes just trying to make money. So you talk down about torrents in hopes that you can cash in.

But Yify says hi and fukk yo life. Any movie via torrent is a 5min download for me.
And I've never had a problem finding any movie I want. Ever. So no I wouldn't need to NZ or any other bullshyt place that wants to charge you to download shyt ILLEGALLY :wtf:

Somebody, anybody. Name something NZ or whatever has that you think I couldn't find via a 2sec google search :popcorn:

if you just want yify rips then thats fine but you aint getting full blu ray rips or remuxes off google or yify

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
if you just want yify rips then thats fine but you aint getting full blu ray rips or remuxes off google or yify
Once again, name something and I can get it.
Not 100% of the files I need are on torrents. The one's they don't have, a google search has always found it

Only two movies I had a hard time finding, EVER. And I found those eventually
Otherwise, anything I wanted was available day 1 on torrents.
People be saying NZ or whatever has shyt first. Bullshyt tho, cuz anything that is on the net, spreads immediately
So say if a movie is available on NZ first. Torrents will have the same file 20min later
Ain't not "We got it 6weeks before Torrents or netflix"

Thats all I'm sayin. As for full blu-rays? Yeah, those too. But Yify rips are good enough.
Unless you sit 6ft from your giantic TV (which would be bad for your eyes) then you couldn't see the difference from a yify or a 1080p native blu-ray.

resolution_chart_small.png

Long story short cuz even a chart doesn't actually explain what you are looking at is this...

The distance you would normally sit from a TV negates the advantage.
On PC, ppl use monitors so the resolution matters cuz they sit right at the monitor
For TV's, you generally sit much further away, and people get bigger TV's to compensate
720p and 1080p look the same even up close at times. you go to Best Buy or whatever, you see tons of TV's on display
Often a lesser model will look BETTER than an higher model. All that factors into this as well
1080p is NOT a holy grail like ppl like to say it is. I hope this lesson has been helpful to all that have attended :salute: