Sooo....no talk on Kiev's gradual descent into Mad Max beyond Thunderdome status??

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Russian Takeover Of Crimea Leaves Ethnic Tatars Population In Panic
The Tatars, an ethnic Turkic people who are largely secular Muslims, have launched protests against the presence of Russian forces in Crimea.posted on March 2, 2014 at 8:28am EST

Sheera Frenkel
BuzzFeed Staff
Follow @sheeraf
http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...imea Leaves Ethnic Tatars Population In Panic
Oueld Ifriqiya@KhamousssFollow
Ceremonie des musulmans de #Crimພ, en hommage aux deportés de l'empire Sovietique. #Tatars #Crimea #Islam #URSS

6:37 AM - 2 Mar 14
Since 1989 the Tatars have been flooding back to the Crimea region. According to the last Ukrainian census in 2001, Tatars accounted for 12.1% of the population of Crimea.
Paul Sonne@PaulSonneFollow
Opposed protest groups crowding here at the regional parliament in Crimea. These are pro-Ukraine Tatars.

6:24 AM - 26 Feb 14
During the protests, many waved the ethnic flag of the Crimean Tatars. Local media outlets reported that more than 10,000 Muslim Tatars rallied in support of the interim government in Ukraine.
Lucian Kim@Lucian_KimFollow
A couple hundred #Crimea Tatars guard their TV station @ATRtv from seizure by armed men in #Simferopol. #Ukraine

7:51 PM - 28 Feb 14
Crimean Tatars are known for pursuing nonviolent resistance in the past. But over the past week, arrests and multiple injuries were reported when Tatar demonstrators clashed with pro-Russian demonstrators and local police.
kurtizz@kurtizz01Follow
#Ukraine #ukraineprotests Crimean Tatars clash with police in front of a local government building in Simferopol

8:01 AM - 27 Feb 14
Maxim Eristavi@MaximEristaviFollow
In deafening chants Tatars are screaming "Crimea is not Russia", Russians answer w/ "Crimea is Russia". #Simferopol

6:15 AM - 26 Feb 14
Russian Market@russian_marketFollow
Now Crimean Tatars are burning Russian flags in Simferopol.#Ukraine

9:19 AM - 26 Feb 14
Courtney Weaver@courtneymoscowFollow
Dueling protests in Simferopol still going on 4 hours later. Tatars & Russians now split 50-50

8:37 AM - 26 Feb 14

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
For Immediate Release
March 02, 2014

G-7 Leaders Statement
We, the leaders of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States and the President of the European Council and President of the European Commission, join together today to condemn the Russian Federation’s clear violation of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, in contravention of Russia’s obligations under the UN Charter and its 1997 basing agreement with Ukraine. We call on Russia to address any ongoing security or human rights concerns that it has with Ukraine through direct negotiations, and/or via international observation or mediation under the auspices of the UN or the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. We stand ready to assist with these efforts.

We also call on all parties concerned to behave with the greatest extent of self-restraint and responsibility, and to decrease the tensions.

We note that Russia’s actions in Ukraine also contravene the principles and values on which the G-7 and the G-8 operate. As such, we have decided for the time being to suspend our participation in activities associated with the preparation of the scheduled G-8 Summit in Sochi in June, until the environment comes back where the G-8 is able to have meaningful discussion.

We are united in supporting Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, and its right to choose its own future. We commit ourselves to support Ukraine in its efforts to restore unity, stability, and political and economic health to the country. To that end, we will support Ukraine’s work with the International Monetary Fund to negotiate a new program and to implement needed reforms. IMF support will be critical in unlocking additional assistance from the World Bank, other international financial institutions, the EU, and bilateral sources.

In other words. We're not having a conference and we're gonna give Ukraine some money :comeon:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I kinda wanna see this turn hot. Russia has been overstepping it's bounds too much. Unlike asymmetrical warfare, this is a war we could and would win.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Apparently the markets are gonna hit russia HARD on monday :banderas: :mjlol:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702304585004579415122628094230.html

By ANDREY OSTROUKH March 2, 2014 12:26 p.m. ET MOSCOW—Russian banks raised dollar and euro exchange rates to record highs on Sunday following the Kremlin's threat to send troops to Ukraine.

"We don't have foreign cash, the last was taken five minutes ago. Now we are only buying foreign currencies but not selling," said an operator at an exchange office in Moscow.

Russia's largest lender, Sberbank, SBRCY -0.39% moved its the dollar rate to 38.50 rubles on Sunday, which far exceeds the dollar's all-time high of 36.73 rubles reached at the end of the crisis-driven ruble devaluation in March of 2009. The ruble stood at 35.89 versus the dollar at the end of the trading session on the Moscow exchange on Friday, losing more than 8% so far this year.

Following Sberbank's example, many other banks raised their conversion rates on Sunday. Sovinkombank was offering to sell the dollar for 40 rubles, Creditbank's rate stood at 39.5 rubles per dollar, while Obrazovanie bank was ready to sell cash at 39.05 rubles per dollar.

On Saturday, Russia's parliament voted unanimously to deploy troops in Ukraine, defying warnings from Western leaders not to intervene. The Kremlin has said it hasn't yet decided whether to deploy troops, though thousands already are on the ground in Crimea, where Russia has a naval base.

"An initial negative knee-jerk reaction is inevitable in the ruble, the domestic debt market and in equities when the Moscow bourse opens Monday," said Chris Weafer, senior partner at Macro-Advisory Ltd.

The euro also reached its all-time highs as Moscow banks stood ready to sell it in exchange offices for 52-55 rubles, above a level of 49.58 rubles per euro seen at the market close on Friday. Sberbank said it buys the euro for 49 rubles and sells it for 53.15.

Unlike other emerging-market central banks, which raise interest rates to prop up their currencies earlier this year, the Bank of Russia said last month it would consider raising rates only if it sees that the ruble weakening may fuel inflation.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I kinda wanna see this turn hot. Russia has been overstepping it's bounds too much. Unlike asymmetrical warfare, this is a war we could and would win.

lol, when did Russia overstep its bounds? Especially considering what the US and NATO have done in the past. I'd rather not see this escalate that would be terrible.

Roll this shyt back to the Feb 21st agreement, cut out Yanukovich cuz at this point its impossible for him to go back. Just hold new elections, create a coalition govt representing both sides, and let Ukraine be neutral and don't make them choose one side or the other they should be allowed to work with both the EU and Russia.

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
fuc outta here, nobody tryna get dragged into these white people problems. Let them problems stay over there, I could care less as long as they don't bring that shyt over here.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:whoa:

No.

You.

Don't.

Don't say that.

That will drag half of eastern europe in.

NOT GOOD.

It would :obama:

shyt's been fukked up over there though. Perhaps some change is needed. Really Russia just needs to be knocked down a few pegs. They've been fukking up international shyt for years now with their silly alliances with bullshyt governments. Syria could be over if it wasn't for Russia.

I guess I don't like Russia :yeshrug:

Plus this war, if it was to come to that (which we both know it won't) has been a long time coming. I'd like to see where things settle.

But yeah, it's not good for the citizens in the interm though :to: I'm strictly thinking over-the-top third-person view

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
lol, when did Russia overstep its bounds? Especially considering what the US and NATO have done in the past. I'd rather not see this escalate. Roll this shyt back to Feb 21st, cut out Yanukovich cuz at this point its impossible for him to go back. Just hold new elections, and let Ukraine be neutral and don't make them choose one side or the other they should be allowed to work with both sides.
I'm still pissed about Syria

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Why? No one here was interested in gettin involved anyway. When Obama put that line in the sand he set himself up, it was a bad move on his part. Putin has even less respect for the West after that shyt it seems.
agreed.....unfortunately. Idle threats. we're seeing them again :smh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It would :obama:

shyt's been fukked up over there though. Perhaps some change is needed. Really Russia just needs to be knocked down a few pegs. They've been fukking up international shyt for years now with their silly alliances with bullshyt governments. Syria could be over if it wasn't for Russia.

I guess I don't like Russia :yeshrug:

Plus this war, if it was to come to that (which we both know it won't) has been a long time coming. I'd like to see where things settle.

But yeah, it's not good for the citizens in the interm though :to: I'm strictly thinking over-the-top third-person view
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction

This never stopped being true.