Sony's PS3 Digital Version of GTA 5 "unplayable" recommended not to Download on PS Store

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
http://kotaku.com/users-of-older-xbox-360s-say-grand-theft-auto-v-crashes-1366187910
@O RLY @PS4
Y'all care to explain this?
And the physical copy is the only one available for xbox :bryan:

I'll say metacritic scores of GTA 5 on 360 are higher than PS3 so that says what version people clearly think runs better

And the game possibly occasionally crashing on old as fukk systems (2006-2008 what your link says :russ:) on 360 is a little different from the digital version playing shytty on ALL versions of the system even new ones, on the PS3

good job good effort though

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I'll say metacritic scores of GTA 5 on 360 are higher than PS3 so that says what version people clearly think runs better
98 on 360, 97 on ps3. Wow nikka. Y'all are so desperate for a win :laff:

And the amount of reviews for each are uneven so you fail for comparing

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
98 on 360, 97 on ps3. Wow nikka. Y'all are so desperate for a win :laff:

And the amount of reviews for each are uneven so you fail for comparing

one scored higher than the other, even though they're the same game.

And The Xbox version has a HIGHER score with MORE reviews. That just solidifies it's status of being better as it's harder to keep a high score the more reviews are out

How about you sit this one out sonny? it's too early for you to get in a losing argument

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:stopitslime: maybe it's struggling because it's untrue and the digital foundry article says the exact opposite of the thread titleopposite

huh?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-why-we-cant-recommend-GTA5-PSN

Digital Foundry emerges disappointed from the digital experience.

In our testing we saw contrasts between the disc and digital PS3 releases, where the Blu-ray version has clear advantages that make it the preferred buy.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
anyway, these are all just examples of how they had to push these current gen consoles to the limit to get GTA V to run on them

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Ok, so I just had one graphical problem. I was hitting the streets on my motorcycle when the ground dropped from underneath me. Couldn't see any of the streets or sidewalks, just buildings, cars, signs, and anything above ground level. It happened for like 5-10 seconds, but that is all I've seen and I've been playing over 22 hours.

Nah, that's just a standard GTA glitch, lol.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
what's the point in this thread exactly seein as the xbox version has problems as we'll (when completely installed). it comes down to rock stars coding, and it's a hard problem to overcome. When using the disk, the RAM is populated by streaming from both the disk drive and the hard drive at the same time to make sure the textures are there in time for rendering.
With the digital version, it only has the hdd to rely upon to fill the ram.

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
what's the point in this thread exactly seein as the xbox digital version has problems as we'll. it comes down to rock stars coding, and it's a hard problem to overcome. When using the disk, the RAM is populated by streaming from both the disk drive and the hard drive at the same time to make sure the textures are there in time for rendering.
With the digital version, it only has the hdd to rely upon to fill the ram.

O RLY? :leon:

tell me more :lupe:

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants

yeah, idiots who couldn't read the directions that said "DO NOT INSTALL GAME DISC TO YOUR HARDDRIVE" had to be reminded how to follow instructions. This wasn't a error and was misleading, everything worked fine if you did what the directions told you to do. They found a workaround for the OCD people who have to install everything to go about their lives

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
He said it was unplayable
It must be stressed that pop-in to this level isn't a constant, and only hits in at full force when travelling at breakneck speeds through the busiest streets - and it is largely absent when driving around less built-up areas and almost completely non-existent during on-foot action. Also, this isn't to say the disc-based release is entirely exempt from pop-in; minor objects like boxes and telephone booths can fade in during synchronised high-stress runs on the very same street, but it's fair to say the disc version never reaches the same level in these worst-case scenarios.
That doesn't sound unplayable to me breh