Sony's cynical game design. 2016 update, Movie Games Galore!!!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No other developer/publisher approaches game design like Sony has in recent years. Every design choice from gameplay to level design revolves around this idea of making the best looking game possible, even if gameplay and fun factor are sacrificed. I guess they have to back up the "most powerful console" marketing talk, but it really kills my excitement for upcoming Sony games. It would have been great if they opened uncharted 4 up, and allowed more exploration/freedom. But it looks like they are keeping the same limited corridor style and just upping the graphics. The only Sony game I'm interested in now is bloodborne. It's the only one the devs seem to care about gameplay instead of visuals.

Compare Sony Developed games to other similar games and they are always very limited in gameplay options and scope. The Order is basically a shooting galary with cutscenes and QTE to bridge each section together. No multiplayer. Driveclub has a small list of cars that can't be customized in any way. Almost no damage, flat undercarriages. They've seemingly spent more development resources on trees and scenery that you can't even interact with, than the actual gameplay.

Are people really this into graphics at the detriment of gameplay?

2016 -update-

Thought it was time to up this, after a few years of Sony doing more of the same.

Every game is the uncharted/last of us of their respective genres.

They even turned God of war into a movie game :mjlol:

A game that's always been about combos and fast action gameplay turned into nearly on rails cinematic "gameplay"

Horizon is the RPG version of uncharted.

Days Gone open world The Last Of Us.

I guess they know what their fans like:manny:

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
:russ:

Damn now you know we about to son you into bolivia, why do you continue to make these threads?

Do you have a list of 2 or three dumb azz threads you need to make every week?

Your starting to sound like sore loser, this nikka is giving his review of games that arent even out yet people.... think about that.

I thought you were a troll but your a sad man with no life who is obsessed with Sony and its domination, 17,000 posts and not one helpful one yet, what a shame.

Another xbot who is a part-time man.

nikka got the nerve to talk about QTE when he was over their championing Ryse over Uncharted, this nikka is legit crazy.

This is your last stand you chimp.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Damn now you know we about to son you into bolivia, why do you continue to make these threads?

Do you have a list of 2 or three dumb azz threads you need to make every week?

Your starting to sound like sore loser, this nikka is giving his review of games that arent even out yet people.... think about that.

I thought you were a troll but your a sad man with no life who is obsessed with Sony and its domination, 17,000 posts and not one helpful one yet, what a shame.

Another xbot who is a part-time man.

nikka got the nerve to talk about QTE when he was over their championing Ryse over Uncharted, this nikka is legit crazy.

This is your last stand you chimp.

Personal insults with a hint of cism all for daps.

:scusthov: at you and every Sony Stan that comes in here to dap your sad little post

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Personal insults with a hint of cism all for daps.

:scusthov: at you and every Sony Stan that comes in here to dap your sad little post

Respond to what I said though.

Its honestly getting pathetic b, placing judgment on games that arent even out yet....didn't you criticize the #n40 for the same thing when we said Ryse was going to be trash?(and it was)

Stop it, your desperate and it shows. I rememebr everything you've ever posted and said and you contradict yourself so much its crazy, it ends here friend.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Respond to what I said though.

Its honestly getting pathetic b, placing judgment on games that arent even out yet....didn't you criticize the #n40 for the same thing when we said Ryse was going to be trash?(and it was)

Stop it, your desperate and it shows. I rememebr everything you've ever posted and said and you contradict yourself so much its crazy, it ends here friend.

You didn't say anything though :heh:

Just insults, lies, and ignorance. You didn't even address the OP.

Just fishing for daps.

Gameplay is something that... it's a game, we make games, we can't get around it. We love games, but we also love telling stories, so I think story is always going to be at the top because it's what we start with. It's at the top of the pyramid and everything else supports that.”

A quote from The Order devs. I don't need to play the game to know they threw gameplay in the bushes a long time ago. It just exists for them to get you through their movie.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
You didn't say anything though :heh:

Just insults, lies, and ignorance. You didn't even address the OP.

Just fishing for daps.

A quote from The Order devs. I don't need to play the game to know they threw gameplay in the bushes a long time ago. It just exists for them to get you through their movie.

Disgusting.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Terrible thread, terrible poster, terrible premise.
It's funny because out of the games he's thinking of, they've all received universal acclaim whereas one game where it's all a graphical spectacle scored worse(Ryse) than any game he can mention on PS3/4.

An 8 on metacritc is no where near "universal critical acclaim".

And as usual y'all come with the deflections to defend the bullshyt from Sony. What does Ryse have to do with anything?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
An 8 on metacritc is no where near "universal critical acclaim".

And as usual y'all come with the deflections to defend the bullshyt from Sony. What does Ryse have to do with anything?
An "8" on metacritic?

:laff:

What game are we talking about sir?? Lemme refresh your mind.

Are we talking about Heavy Rain??
We talking about Uncharted 2 or 3?
The Last of Us?
LittleBigplanet?
God of War 3?
ICo/SOTC?
Ni No Kuni?
Ratchet and Clank?
3D Dot Game Heroes?
MGS4?
Journey?
Infamous?
Demons Souls?
Motorstorm Series?
Gran Turismo?
Puppeteer?
Killzone 2?
Resistance?
Disgaea?
Valkyria Chronicles?
Yakuza?

Which game you talking about?? There's a lot to choose from and I'm SURE I'm missing some still. :russ:

I know though, You're going to come in here and claim that you're talking about PS4 exclusives right? Your point is still going to be weak because it still is based on emotional logic and not real facts. :laff:

Here lemme move the goal post.
images

I'll save you time. Don't bother.
You can continue your crusade against Driveclub and PS4 exclusives to this brick wall.

brick-wall-300.jpg

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
An "8" on metacritic?

:laff:

What game are we talking about sir?? Lemme refresh your mind.

Are we talking about Heavy Rain??
We talking about Uncharted 2 or 3?
The Last of Us?
LittleBigplanet?
God of War 3?
ICo/SOTC?
Ni No Kuni?
Ratchet and Clank?
3D Dot Game Heroes?
MGS4?
Journey?
Infamous?
Demons Souls?
Motorstorm Series?
Gran Turismo?
Puppeteer?
Killzone 2?
Resistance?
Disgaea?
Valkyria Chronicles?
Yakuza?

Which game you talking about?? There's a lot to choose from and I'm SURE I'm missing some still. :russ:

I know though, You're going to come in here and claim that you're talking about PS4 exclusives right?
images

Be unable to read brehs

No other developer/publisher approaches game design like Sony has in recent years

Thread is about RECENT SONY games. Your little list means absolutely nothing. Now try to read and comprehend, then try again :ufdup:

And most of the games on your list aren't "universally praised" either. This stanning shyt makes you act retarded :snoop:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Be unable to read brehs

Thread is about RECENT SONY games. Your little list means absolutely nothing. Now try to read and comprehend, then try again :ufdup:

And most if the games on your list aren't "universally praised" either. This stanning shyt makes you act retarded :snoop:
Did those games come out 10 years ago?
They came out within the last 3-4 years.

You're going to argue how "soon" is recent huh? :russ: Pathetic.

You made a stupid ass thread who's premise is grounded in fanboyism coming from a passive aggressive stan like you and you're in the same thread trying to pass off this "maturity" so to speak. "This stanning shyt makes you act retarded :snoop:".

You probably wore a helmet when making this thread because objectively it makes no god damn sense.