Sony will be removing Cyberpunk 2077 for purchase on PSN until further notice

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And the company lost a BILLION in valuation. Possible class action lawsuits from both consumers and share holders.

All revenue ain't revenue.
$400 milly evaporates when you gotta deal with legal fees, lawsuits, whatever deal they had to cut with Sony, the now non-existent late buyers and DLC content that won't get purchased but you still have to have the WHOLE STAFF still building the game.

So $400 billy compared to the 6,7 or 800 billy they COULD have made. Plus dlc? :mjlol:

Basically this game came out, they grabbed a bag and busted it back down to development. Yeah, CDPR has been and is about to lose A LOT of money. They ain't EA with 10+ million selling games and a microtransaction model brining them in millions.

They made $400 and devalued the company by a billion. That ain't good business, doggy.

Theoretically, they could still end up making good money off this game, but it's not going to end up making the fukkton of money some of their shareholders thought it would. I think a lot people underestimate what the cost of basically having to stay in the production phase instead of being able to transition to the post production/DLC phase equates to.

But that drop in valuation is the real kick in the ass. Shareholders can ignore the profitability aspect (I mean, look at how many companies have gone public and not collapsed despite in some cases never turning a profit), but seeing that large of a drop in market value AFTER an anticipated release is always going to get the wrong type of attention.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Just got my order in on a Series X from Best Buy today, this game still being sold on the Microsoft store so I might cop and see what all the fuss is about. But damn did they really lose 1 billion in valuation over this?!! :picard:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
did anyone who requested a PSN refund receive it yet?

I requested the day Sony announced it. I never got an email confirmation. I talked to a rep yesterday and he submitted it himself because nothing showed I did, said I would get my refund in a couple days and an immediate email confirmation. Guess what... no email confirmation 24 hours later :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I requested the day Sony announced it. I never got an email confirmation. I talked to a rep yesterday and he submitted it himself because nothing showed I did, said I would get my refund in a couple days and an immediate email confirmation. Guess what... no email confirmation 24 hours later :francis:

wow smmfh

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Just got my order in on a Series X from Best Buy today, this game still being sold on the Microsoft store so I might cop and see what all the fuss is about. But damn did they really lose 1 billion in valuation over this?!! :picard:
That is what happens when you intentionally mislead your customers and potentially investors. This should force them to shake up the management of the company, all the way to the top.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Theoretically, they could still end up making good money off this game, but it's not going to end up making the fukkton of money some of their shareholders thought it would. I think a lot people underestimate what the cost of basically having to stay in the production phase instead of being able to transition to the post production/DLC phase equates to.

But that drop in valuation is the real kick in the ass. Shareholders can ignore the profitability aspect (I mean, look at how many companies have gone public and not collapsed despite in some cases never turning a profit), but seeing that large of a drop in market value AFTER an anticipated release is always going to get the wrong type of attention.
Man reputation is worth more sometimes.. Lets say they made $400 million in profit anyway

Does ANYONE care to see their next game? Are you going to be excited when it's announced? Will you believe the release date? Or that it'll work? Prior to this release, their name off Witcher 3 alone, was GOLDEN. They are back BELOW what they were before that. They have to get back to people thinking they're an OK company again, then put out something amazing, just to have people think they are the company they were a decade ago. This ain't no "buggy release". This ain't online trolls destroying a good game. This is court cases and removal from markets. This is the shareholders blaming the bosses blaming the devs blaming the bosses blaming the shareholders....

This is BAD

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
did anyone who requested a PSN refund receive it yet?

I put in a refund request about a day or two ago so I should have it before xmas...I paid by adding a PSN gift card...it honestly should be quicker tho...I received a refund the same day last time I requested one

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Man reputation is worth more sometimes.. Lets say they made $400 million in profit anyway

Does ANYONE care to see their next game? Are you going to be excited when it's announced? Will you believe the release date? Or that it'll work? Prior to this release, their name off Witcher 3 alone, was GOLDEN. They are back BELOW what they were before that. They have to get back to people thinking they're an OK company again, then put out something amazing, just to have people think they are the company they were a decade ago. This ain't no "buggy release". This ain't online trolls destroying a good game. This is court cases and removal from markets. This is the shareholders blaming the bosses blaming the devs blaming the bosses blaming the shareholders....

This is BAD
:mjlol: