Sony warns of weaker PlayStation business as game sales wobble

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I'd buy more games if they released some.

What games/type of games are you looking for?

I'm kind of in the same boat. Nothing new really grabs me. I still haven't played Horizon 2 or God of War 18.

I'm still waiting for the next sandbox crime game. I finished Watchdogs 3 a month ago and I'm feeling the crime itch again.

Sony "may" be looking at buying Square, if they can connect the dots and give me Sleeping Dogs 2 I'd be lined up in the rain at the midnight launch.
I’m glad people are finally recognizing what I’ve been saying for so long; that none of these games are interesting or they only hold my interest for a short period of time.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
cant even find a ps5 anywhere
I’ll say it again in an Arcadium thread; follow Wario64 on Twitter at the very least. Follow any gamer account that has a strong following. Find Discord groups that have auto checkout. They usually run $30-50 per checkout and it greatly increases your chance. I said recently that my cousin and I have resold at least 10 PS5 between the both of us, all from buying from Target, Best Buy, and Walmart at retail price

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
We on the verge of a gaming collapse and companies do not realize the shyt.

People are buying game less and less. Partially due to gamepass and such services, partially due to gaming culture changing. A lot of people would rather watch a streamer play a game than play it themselves now. There's also the fact that GaaS makes people play one particular game more in perpetuity instead of playing a variety of games.

A gamer of the old generation is a person who likely plays a rotation of games or multiple. Now you can be a "gamer" but the only game you play in regularity is fortnite or CoD.

The gaming industry as a whole isn't failing, but it's conditioned people to a point where it's going to look weak to those who haven't already adapted

I'm not sayin' either of ya'll are wrong, but, ya'll have any sources?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Funny how there wasn’t a thread made for xbox who’s down in every metric also, more so than playstation :jbhmm:

Sony is down %2 in revenue for the quarter while microsoft is down 7% and didn’t report any profit earnings :patrice:

giphy.webp

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Horizon should have released summer, they messed it up.

Horizon did fine, it released in Feb, this quarter accounts for April-June. Sony didn’t release any first party games in that period, and they didn’t get any major 3rd party games.

Most first party games are front loaded with sales.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Horizon should have released summer, they messed it up.

That or GT7. They'll make a profit on it, but still.

The supply of PS5s is killing shyt tho, but that's all industries.
Horizon did fine, it released in Feb, this quarter accounts for April-June. Sony didn’t release any first party games in that period, and they didn’t get any major 3rd party games.
Good point

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

Most first party games are front loaded with sales.
Still was overshadowed by elden ring, to me it would have been smarter to wait a little especially since they didn’t have much planned in the upcoming months.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
you need at least one big release each quarter but that's all moot until the PS5 is regularly available in stores

but here's the thing, I don't think that time will ever come...this might be the last gen of gaming as we've come to know gaming...things will change drastically from here on out.